Toast Welcome to Carlton Billy Gowers Pick 6 Rookie draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm excited by this guy, our first rookie picks generally do pretty well and I'm very happy the Northern Blues will have some good kicks floating around.

Dick, Fields, Jaksch
Gowers,
Giles, Rainbow

All VERY good kicks.

Elite kick.
Can see the club has made this a priority this year.
Maybe we'll find ourselves less often under our seats pretending to look for my phone whilst another Carlton player spots up a relative in Row 8.

Another good kick, looks very strong in the air, not sure he's over quick but boy his run in his highlight package was impressive, clever runner with poise perhaps. Well built kid, has a chance of being an AFL player by looks.

From Caz

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-14/ ... highlights

I will be the 1st to admit I am pretty excited about getting Billy. His best could be anything. Check out the footage at the 2 min mark where he glides through the middle and hits up a target. The goal on his left from 45 is also a gem.

He is a beautiful kick. At times he can be Nathan Buckley like the way he can drill it flat of 40. He's strong and powerful and has excellent balance.

I saw him kick 8 in a half for his Private school last game of the year. That included 2 from CHB in the 1st Q and 6 from CHF in the 2nd quarter. He was unstoppable. Yes I know it was school football but is was still the 'Billy Show' on display.

As SR has said, he was next on the list at the National Draft. Terrific get.
clap.gif
clap.gif

Best Billy will be great to watch.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Regards Cazzesman

Jeez he is a good kick. 2 from CHB!! Wowee!

Anyways I'm definitely on the Billy bandwagon. How about that one hander to start the reel off! Another nice outside player. Certainly filled that void. Now for the bigs to hold the grab.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get a feeling he's a favourite of yours. Seems like a funny character, guessing he'll be good to have at the club.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Abit of man love for the very best of Billy. Those that saw him play for Vic Metro in the game at Sandringham would know what his best is. This was the game after the RD 1 game in the U18 champs when Vic Country beat Vic Metro. This was basically a Metro vs Country Trial game for those lads who were in the two squads but didn't play Rd 1.

Billy played at CHB and basically Quarterbacked the entire game from there. He was brilliant.

High, high hopes he could be a super player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back