Coaching Staff Brendon Bolton - Senior Coach - Locked in until end of 2020 (23/5/18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's definitely a lack of respect on the mainboard.

The great unwashed don't really know what it takes to be an elite AFL coach though, do they? They'll be asking "so ho meny premerships did he won!??11", which is the kind of genius logic that has traditionally seen a self-conscious club like Carlton chase shiny Mick Malthouse rather than the-right-man-for-the-job. All signs point to Bolton being firmly the-right-man-for-the-job, now it's time to support him and stick-fat through the (no doubt rocky) journey. Clarkson had no respect and had done nothing when he came to Hawthorn; he's got plenty now. I hope we're looking back 5+ years from now with Bolton still at the helm.

Well after Pagan and Mick, I'm just glad we went through a process that didn't anoint *-Thompson, Voss or Worsfold. :p

It's still easy to be very cynical about the Blues whenever they talk about "process" because historically we have no tack-record at all of following one, but I actually found a lot of confidence in the individuals involved - Judd and Postecoglou. Both guys are respectable professionals without a direct "dog in the fight", so it actually feels like a relevant and trustworthy line-up of decision-makers. Here's hoping they've nailed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's still easy to be very cynical about the Blues whenever they talk about "process" because historically we have no tack-record at all of following one, but I actually found a lot of confidence in the individuals involved - Judd and Postecoglou. Both guys are respectable professionals without a direct "dog in the fight", so it actually feels like a relevant and trustworthy line-up of decision-makers. Here's hoping they've nailed it.
Could not agree more both Judd and Postecoglou are men of the highest integrity.

This is precisely what Sticks meant when he said "**** the rest".
Is it? Should I really care what opposition posters write about Carlton on the main board on big footy? Should I be bothered when they say that we cheated (which we did) and that we sack all of our coaches (which we do)? Is my attitude towards what other people say about Carlton contributing to our performance on and off field?

If I tried to change everyone's mind about the club that I choose to support I'd give myself a stomach ulcer. I love Carlton, they're the only AFL team for me, other people's opinions of that mean nothing to me .

Is it? Should I really care what opposition posters write about Carlton on the main board on big footy? Should I be bothered when they say that we cheated (which we did) and that we sack all of our coaches (which we do)? Is my attitude towards what other people say about Carlton contributing to our performance on and off field?

If I tried to change everyone's mind about the club that I choose to support I'd give myself a stomach ulcer. I love Carlton, they're the only AFL team for me, other people's opinions of that mean nothing to me .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This x 1000 for me this is what the club needs passion!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back