Coaching Staff Brendon Bolton - Senior Coach - Locked in until end of 2020 (23/5/18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was always going to happen. Our forward line needs a massive overhaul, and a quality, experienced forward coach should be first on the list.

Thanks to Brad for his efforts, it can't have been an easy gig with the huge turnover of players we've had.
Someone who is a good leader would be nice too. Not someone who was about 2 steps ahead of Colin Sylvia for work rate when he played.

Wonder if Sav would be a) interested in increasing his responsibilities, and b) an effective line coach...?

Not sure about Sav. Great kick but the knock on him when he played for Collingwood was that he was an athlete first and footballer second.

From memory he was a very good schoolboy athlete (Shot put/Discus I think) and hadn't played a lot of junior footy so wasn't a natural at reading the play. If true, then don't think that would translate very well to a forward line coach.

Definitely need a good forward line coach this year, Bring back skinny Lappin

Also Luke Mcpharlin announced his retirement today any chance bring down to be a development or defensive coach.

Carlton looks to lure Tigers VFL coach Tim Clarke

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-30/blues-look-to-lure-tigers-vfl-coach-as-assistant

THE FIRST piece of Brendon Bolton's new coaching puzzle is expected to be announced soon, with Richmond VFL coach Tim Clarke in the Blues' sights.

Clarke, who has been a highly rated coach at the second level, has been in discussions with the Blues for a number of weeks and is in line for an assistant coaching role alongside Bolton.

The 33-year-old, who played 96 games for Hawthorn, joined Richmond as a development coach in 2010 and was promoted to the coaching postion at VFL affiliate Coburg in 2013.

He stayed on as VFL coach when the Tigers created their own aligned team in 2014, and has been spoken of highly by Tigers coach Damien Hardwick.

The Blues have been interviewing assistant coach candidates for almost two weeks after a spill of all positions, with Dean Laidley and Robert Wiley departing.

336342-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

So what's our panel looking like for next year...

Brendon Bolton (Senior Coach)
Neil Craig (Director of Coaching)
Tim Clarke (Midfield)
John Barker (Backs)
Peter Sumich (Forwards)
Craig McRae (Head of Development)
Michael Osborne (Development)
Josh Fraser (Development)
Matthew Capuano (Development)
Kieran McGuinness (Development)
Sav Rocca (Development)

Not bad, plenty of experience there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems we might have a Brad Green replacement (or two) in a few days...

Fraser, now McRae - and possibly Clarke all set to leave their respective posts.

Why do we want Neil Craig at the club :confused: Very ordinary decision.
Not so sure about that.

He's definitely not a head coach.

I had the opportunity to chat 1 on 1 with him when he was the Adelaide head coach and he's a very smart man. I'm not against him coming in to a position that doesn't have the media baring down on him and where we can utilize his best assets.

Not so sure about that.

He's definitely not a head coach.

I had the opportunity to chat 1 on 1 with him when he was the Adelaide head coach and he's a very smart man. I'm not against him coming in to a position that doesn't have the media baring down on him and where we can utilize his best assets.
So what exactly does a Coaching Director do ? What are his assets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back