Toast Welcome to Carlton Dale Thomas!

Remove this Banner Ad

:D

BhO-a_dCcAAfQcZ.jpg

Did anyone record the game? Any chance of getting the 3quarter time 'How do I live without you' video uploaded?

Just home from the game.Loved Daisy's attack of the ball,very skillfull by hand and foot but i still think his a player,like Juddy that will have spurts during games not a 4 quarter player.Will be a great pick up if tonight he was only running at half pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love his attack on the ball !

Maybe it's because it has been that long since I've seen him play live, but his attack on the ball was awesome. So many times I thought he nearly killed himself/ankle was going to fall off, but he just bounced back up.

When the boys first ran onto the ground, he literally sprinted ahead of the group and just looked so excited to be out there. Looked like an excited little kid. He looked cooked by the end of the warm up though - but his excitement was adorable.

Was very vocal on the bench too - giving instruction & encouragement. I'm sure he did the same on the ground.

Although I did feel sorry for him playing in our forward line at times - delivery was horrible.

I'd like to officially welcome Daisy to the CFC. Great debut & I am pumped to have him on board for the next 4 seasons.

Daisy looked great. His energy, willingness to harass the opposition and 1% efforts were stand-outs. And to be honest, put much of our list to absolute shame. Several times he pushed back into opponents when the ball was over his head, or lunged to tackle - he did everything he could to impact the contest in his side's favour, even if it was just by a tiny margin. Take note Gibbs, Garlett, Yarran and a host of others.

Sure it is. But I chose to swipe at three guys I think have all the talent in the world, but not all the application. Daisy is no more talented than those guys, but he does every little scrappy 1%er thing he can, and it makes him a better player. It's his great strength, and was obvious from contest #1 last night, and it made me lament that there are others in our side who should learn from him.

You would think that Thomas was our only player last night. All I heard from the crowd (in between insults hurled at Bootsma) was Daaaaiiiiisssyyyyyy. I hope his presence doesn't mean that everyone forgets about our other players--who may not have the media interest, but are workhorses and who would do anything for Navy Blue (I'm looking at you Simpson).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back