Toast Welcome to Carlton Dale Thomas!

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see Daisy return to playing up the ground where he can use his smarts and skill. Only time he turned it over by foot was a pass on his wrong foot. 12 marks, six rebound 50s and four inside 50s shows he's moving well. As many clearances as Hill. Thomas has played every game this year. Stark contrast to Brock who came across and broke down.

and still cant run :D

Great to see Daisy return to playing up the ground where he can use his smarts and skill. Only time he turned it over by foot was a pass on his wrong foot. 12 marks, six rebound 50s and four inside 50s shows he's moving well. As many clearances as Hill. Thomas has played every game this year. Stark contrast to Brock who came across and broke down.
But...but I thought he had no ankles.

Last night was up there with the Eagles game as the best game he's played for Carlton. Appreciate a very large number of his touches were uncontested, but when he kicks the ball as well as he does then we should be getting the ball into his hands as often as possible.

Everything crossed he can have a full preseason and getting set for big 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many cheapies to be considered our best player, but he got involved and looked confident. A big pre-season and hopefully in 2015 we will see a more consistent Dale Thomas
You can't see it on the TV but watching him live last night the role he was asked to play meant he was always going to get some cheap kicks.

He pretty much lined himself up with the stoppage on the opposite side of the ground, so he could stop the dockers quick switch kick and then get dangerous when we had the footy.

Not really sure why people would knock him for getting 'cheapies'. I highly doubt we recruited him with an inside mid / extractor role in mind - I daresay he is in our team to be a receiver, carry the ball from defence to offence and deliver it well, as well as hit the scoreboard whenever possible.

If Thomas is getting 'cheapies', he is doing football right.

Has come to the club at a far more exciting time than CJ.
Depends who you talk to I suppose. I remember at the end of 2007 when we acquired CJ, Denis Pagan reckoned we could go on and win the premiership the next year :oops:

Not really sure why people would knock him for getting 'cheapies'. I highly doubt we recruited him with an inside mid / extractor role in mind - I daresay he is in our team to be a receiver, carry the ball from defence to offence and deliver it well, as well as hit the scoreboard whenever possible.

If Thomas is getting 'cheapies', he is doing football right.

Bizarre isn't it. If he doesn't get 'enough' touches, he's a dud. If he gets plenty and uses it efficiently they're 'cheapies'. He's not the sort of player who should be lying underneath every pack flopping like a fish, pretending he's making a genuine attempt. He did what we needed him to do last night and he did it well.

Bizarre isn't it. If he doesn't get 'enough' touches, he's a dud. If he gets plenty and uses it efficiently they're 'cheapies'. He's not the sort of player who should be lying underneath every pack flopping like a fish, pretending he's making a genuine attempt. He did what we needed him to do last night and he did it well.

I don't know if people watch his game at all. What you have to look at is, he is more often than not t the start of a chain that leads to an opposition goal. I could give more, but his bomb to a pack of freo players (in which Clark marked) is the worst for mine. Result? Freo goal.

Lets not mention the s**t pants taking an uncontested mark in the backline

I don't know if people watch his game at all. What you have to look at is, he is more often than not t the start of a chain that leads to an opposition goal. I could give more, but his bomb to a pack of freo players (in which Clark marked) is the worst for mine. Result? Freo goal.

Lets not mention the s**t pants taking an uncontested mark in the backline

Do you think we've already seen Thomas's ceiling or that he'll be much better for getting fitness back next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back