Toast Welcome to Carlton Dale Thomas!

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't that the whole point ?it's logical he was going to need time to get his ankle fitness up but we are paying for a great player who isn't playing great up until last few weeks.

It's what we had to pay to get him over. Anyone who thinks Dale was going to come out and blow them out of the water is a dead set moron. We'll revisit the convo in another season or 2.

Doc is an absolute hit. 25poss per game potential, excellent to elite speed, great leg (except for in close games at the death-needs to improve that).

Daisy became elite again. Was playing some huge games before the injury.

Hoping the main issue is a lateral knee ligament, which would be a month to two.

Is.there is a bad ankle..im seriously concerned
Bruised femur. So best case scenario.

Isn't that the whole point ?it's logical he was going to need time to get his ankle fitness up but we are paying for a great player who isn't playing great up until last few weeks.

It's amazing what mediocrity will do to one's expectations. He has not been 'great' over the last few weeks, not 650k great anyway. He's shown signs of improvement though and I guess considering how he started that's what we needed to see. Next year will be very interesting he needs a full preseason and some confidence.

It's been noted on the afl website daisy was a bust for us. Sakc!!!

I saw that. Bullsh!t populist journalism.
Wishful thinking, with the jury still well and truly in.
Deliberately ignoring the fact that his form has been on a steady upward trajectory, just to give the haters a nice dollop of the warm and fuzzies. :rolleyes:

Again
Why don't we just pay Menz 800k cause that's what he will be worth in the future
Do you understand my point ?
Dale Thomas was at another club, we had to do something to get him across. He is a proven premiership player with plenty of runs on the board.

Menzel is already on our list, and is still largely unproven although with potential.

Do you see the big difference between the 2 situations?

So a proven injury prone player deserves coin as opposed to a player who will be a star
Yawn
Dale Thomas was at another club, we had to do something to get him across. He is a proven premiership player with plenty of runs on the board.

Menzel is already on our list, and is still largely unproven although with potential.

Do you see the big difference between the 2 situations?

So a proven injury prone player deserves coin as opposed to a player who will be a star
Yawn
There is a difference between injury prone as you say, and someone with one injury that had already been fixed and would just take him a while to work himself back into. As shown by his excellent previous month of football, which funnily enough coincided with our best form for the year as a team.

Thomas is neck and neck with Dayne Beams, Ben Reid, Tippett and Rioli for games played in the last two seasons. This entire group must be injury prone and cooked.

Thomas' formline was building nicely until he suffered an injury that could have happened to anyone.

Last edited:
Just clarification - are you saying Daisy has a bruised femur - not the ankle. TV and media keep listing ankle ?
It's the bruised femur.

Even when he did it he didn't even grab at the ankle I have no idea why people are listing that.

It's the bruised femur.

Even when he did it he didn't even grab at the ankle I have no idea why people are listing that.

When I saw the replay I could see a bit of roll of the ankle, but no more than what would be the normal range of movement.

There are sections of the media who would be hoping it's the ankle so they can start up with the "told you so's".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea is a the roll too but he didn't even grab at it like someone would of it was injured.

Even the way he limped off looked higher up the leg than the ankle

Thomas = proven ability with one serious injury (now overcome) v
Menzel = potential (LARS will need to be replaced at some stage too)

That is how the market operates.
You logic is not welcome here.

Nah not gonna happen.

Just spotted him down at the vets, looks like they're gonna put him down.
SP_Good_Times_With_Weapons.jpg

It always the guy who retaliates who gets into trouble!

Thomas has convinced me that he will attain the lofty standards he set at Collingwood. So I'm looking forward to a fit Thomas becoming one of the major contributors next season. I finally saw the incident where he was injured. Surely the effort by Stokes was a free kick for contact below the knees. Fortunately it wasn't the 'ankle' which hounded him for a couple of seasons. The knee and ankle injury means cotton wool for Daisy for the remainder of 2014. The more I think about it the angrier I become. Idiots like Stokes are reckless and should get reported. Give me a player who stands on his feet and I will show you a player I prefer to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back