Toast Welcome to Carlton Liam Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love if it was collingwood or essendon that made the ridiculous boyd deal. It's just no fun watching the doggies destroy themselves.

Ballarat looks like a real goer though .

Wish we were moving half our games to a shitty country town 2 hours out of melbourne so I could watch us play in sub zero conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OI, You me outside now

Think he meant.
I+can+change.+Relax+guy.+Take+a+break_71d194_4267882.jpg

;) :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love if it was collingwood or essendon that made the ridiculous boyd deal. It's just no fun watching the doggies destroy themselves.

Ballarat looks like a real goer though .

Wish we were moving half our games to a shitty country town 2 hours out of melbourne so I could watch us play in sub zero conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is pretty good work then, willy wa

I remember Thornton would be ok provided he wasn't no 1 tall.

I suspect the same of Jones.

interesting analogy,
so how do we rate a third tall forward/defender?

what makes a good one? is it really just the third best tall against their third best tall so its little like playing in the seconds?

gunston is rate pretty highly as a third tall... (i think this comes with premierships, even their waddling drinks runner is rated AA)
Im sure Gunston would not have much of an impact against top defenders. He is a super kick, marks well, has a big tank and runs up the ground and maybe he a smart player who runs to the right places??

So where are Jones' strength and weakness? good set shot, solid defensive pressure and pack mark. He is working on his fitness, so i assume it has been a weakness... anybody got anything else?

interesting analogy,
so how do we rate a third tall forward/defender?

what makes a good one? is it really just the third best tall against their third best tall so its little like playing in the seconds?

gunston is rate pretty highly as a third tall... (i think this comes with premierships, even their waddling drinks runner is rated AA)
Im sure Gunston would not have much of an impact against top defenders. He is a super kick, marks well, has a big tank and runs up the ground and maybe he a smart player who runs to the right places??

So where are Jones' strength and weakness? good set shot, solid defensive pressure and pack mark. He is working on his fitness, so i assume it has been a weakness... anybody got anything else?
you idiot :thumbsu::D

Very limited exposure then, man. He's absolutely dreadful with his defensive pressure. Only sort of started trying to chase a couple of times this year. Generally its non existent. He just doesn't have anywhere near the tank to chase. Worst running capacity on our list by a very long way. Year after year he was 'breaking pb's' during preseason but what nobody realised was his numbers were still so shocking his PB's were miles behind others.

For what it's worth, he is now a very reliable kick for goal after extensive work with Cam Mooney during the last two years, where before he was horrendous. He's already pretty much at his maximum size wise, being 198cm and about 98kg's, so I wouldn't look for him to bulk up anymore. He's got an ok burst of speed to break away from his defender but his leading patterns are absolutely useless. Will need to improve dramatically in the footy smarts area very quickly. That's what causes him to go missing for 90% of games.

One more thing that frustrated 'Dogs supporters to no end was his marking technique. He's considered a reasonable contested mark, but he literally has no idea about how to take one above his head. 9/10 times it'll be taken on the chest, even when trying to take a pack mark or in a 1v1 contest. massive flaw in technique or mindset. Who knows why he does it but coaches have never been able to iron it out of him.

Great post Dale, Do we know how he is going at training?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back