Toast Welcome to Carlton Liam Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's jumping up and down?

Just the impression I'm getting, hey most likely I'm wrong. Well all my Carlton friends are to me but I tell them relax and hope under Mick that Liam can find right rhythm and get consistent game time. Maybe I'm being to harsh on the guy but I'm kind of fan that tells it how it is.

Just the impression I'm getting, hey most likely I'm wrong. Well all my Carlton friends are to me but I tell them relax and hope under Mick that Liam can find right rhythm and get consistent game time. Maybe I'm being to harsh on the guy but I'm kind of fan that tells it how it is.

So you're that guy...

Mick may be a prick when it come to the media but he is a good support and motivator of young men.

Some may use the same words but Mick has been around long enough to put more meat on his words. People listen and don't want to disappoint.
Always find this very interesting Harks.

Comes across as an upfront, grumpy old bloke who is slightly arrogant. Even heard people in the industry say he is an ordinary bloke.

But for some reason these young footballers are in awe of him and run through walls for him.

Always find this very interesting Harks

Comes across as an upfront, grumpy old bloke who is slightly arrogant. Even heard people in the industry say he is an ordinary bloke.

But for some reason these young footballers are in awe of him and run through walls for him.
Possibly because MM feels responsible for the message the young guys receive from him, however has no interest in doing the medias collective job for them. Therein lies the difference in both approach and outcome.

Fair enough too IMO.

As usual, everyone looks better in navy blue.

It seriously suits him.

Jones is an average forward, having trouble understanding the big hype over a guy that has averaged under a goal per game last few seasons and traded for a third round pick. There is upside and that is his still relatively young and can mark but from what I've seen no reason for me to jump up and down

Hope he does excel and does become a very good player

I'm very pleased we didn't give up a second rounder for him as I expect he will become a serviceable best 22 player but no superstar. There would have been potential for him to become our whipping boy as at the dogs under weight of expectations. He can now go about his improvement with less ex

I'm very pleased we didn't give up a second rounder for him as I expect he will become a serviceable best 22 player but no superstar. There would have been potential for him to become our whipping boy as at the dogs under weight of expectations. He can now go about his improvement with less ex

-pectation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand why you move posts out dealing exclusively with another player in a particular player's thread but why would a post such as this be moved?

Everitt was a very good player for us last year after being a part timer at other clubs, hoping the same applies to Jaksch and Jones.

I am not being critical btw, just trying to understand what we can and can't do. I would have thought making this sort of association when speaking of someone like Jones was valid.

I understand why you move posts out dealing exclusively with another player in a particular player's thread but why would a post such as this be moved?

I am not being critical btw, just trying to understand what we can and can't do. I would have thought making this sort of association when speaking of someone like Jones was valid.

As a stand alone, it belongs. Nothing wrong with it at all. However, it was the post that inspired a whole discussion on Everitt and not moving that as well would have made the response to it look completely out of place. Easier to move whole discussions, rather than delete everything that came after that post.

As a stand alone, it belongs. Nothing wrong with it at all. However, it was the post that inspired a whole discussion on Everitt and not moving that as well would have made the response to it look completely out of place. Easier to move whole discussions, rather than delete everything that came after that post.

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

the key maybe to drop him (or any player) to the reserves if they are not performing. Set the standards early.
We tried dropping him and giving him pretty much the first extended spell in the 2s in his career (after that fantastic Collingwood game he backed it up with 2 goalless games, and then a 1 possession game before we dropped him) and he got pissed and left for 'opportunities' :p

Seriously though I'm pretty shattered to lose him, especially for only a 3rd rounder, and if the ball drops for him you have a bloody fantastic player on your hands.

That Collingwood game was fantastic, he's extremely quick and a great tackler when he wants, just don't expect it every week. It's frustrating because you know he can run down just about anyone yet most of the time he's jogging around 15m behind the opposition.

Shithouse in a one on one or pack situation but put some space in front of him to run and jump and he's just about unstoppable, still think he's best suited as a CHF but his tank at this point just doesn't allow it.

Not too sure how he will go with you guys, will definitely be better off taking the second or third defender. Would not be surprised at all for the ball to drop and him to become a 40 goal + 2nd tall, but tbh I also wouldn't be surprised if his career kept on the same path, Waite like with the odd great game keeping you interested but just not enough in between. Great pick up on the cheap for you's though :(

Welcome to Carlton Mr Jones - I don't have high expectations but it is good that we seem to have another genuine forward to provide some options up front. Carlton were at their bet last year on the few occasions Casboult Henderson and Waite were all playing moving around and spreading defences. having three genuine talls up front will improve structure tremendously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back