News Welcome to Carlton Steven Trigg

Remove this Banner Ad

Well there has certainly been a changing of the guard at Carlton lately.

Malthouse, Wiley, Rogers, LoGiudice and Trigg. All important positions, all new within the last couple of years. This is good! Time for the club to stop loitering about in the middle of the ladder and start driving innovation, reconnect with the members and aim for sustained success on the field.

Good luck to Trigg. I was pretty pissed off initially, but there is nothing we can do now but give the guy the chance to prove himself and see how it goes.

Well there has certainly been a changing of the guard at Carlton lately.

Malthouse, Wiley, Rogers, LoGiudice and Trigg. All important positions, all new within the last couple of years. This is good! Time for the club to stop loitering about in the middle of the ladder and start driving innovation, reconnect with the members and aim for sustained success on the field.

Good luck to Trigg. I was pretty pissed off initially, but there is nothing we can do now but give the guy the chance to prove himself and see how it goes.

you still copping from Port and Crows "mates" ? I certainly am!

I'm not too bothered by the negative reaction - besides, they say coaches are better on their second gig. Maybe the same applies to AFL CEO's.

Putting on my Blue Coloured glasses for a moment:

- His salary cap rort at Adelaide works in our favour. The last person who will be doing any sort of dodgy deals will be S.Trigg.

- So what if he is part of the AFL Boys club ?? Better to be inside the tent pissing out as they say. Big Jack was anti-AFL and look where it got him.

Agree with other posters - let him deliver Dangerfield plus an emotional 'homecoming' for Talia first and then just focus on the other issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad idea to have some balance to the initial shock.

He can now be judged on what he does at Carlton. Definitely starting from a negative PR position, and the likes of Eddie McChins and Slobbo are having their digs about it already, but aside from choosing to take the jibes to get him in, Carlton are not responsible for anything Trigg has done in the past.

I only hope he treats the supporter base with more respect than he apparently did with the Crows supporters.
They should ask Eddie about Cloke's contract with Channel Nine.

I'm not sure which thought scares me more. Jack Anthony playing for us next year or Mckernan.
100699_o.gif

McKernan is a did. Watched him struggle in sanfl where he should dominate with his size.

As for trigg...13 years and no premierships. Not the best track record.

Premierships are not easy, their is no simple template to winning a premiership if their was, every team would do it. Hopefully Tigg has learnt from past roles and has ideas for the future that can lead to success

Premierships are not easy, their is no simple template to winning a premiership if their was, every team would do it. Hopefully Tigg has learnt from past roles and has ideas for the future that can lead to success
Agree but I'd still prefer someone who has managed to reach the pinnacle after 13yrs tinkering with the formula..

McKernan is a did. Watched him struggle in sanfl where he should dominate with his size.

As for trigg...13 years and no premierships. Not the best track record.
Not overly concerned with that statistic, the football department should be responsible for on field performance, the CEO is more responsible for the off field stuff related to the membership and financial viability of the club.

Trigg says he has learnt some lessons from his time at the Crows, hopefull this is one of them.

Having said that, our fans are a bit more loveable than Crows ones.;)
I dont know much about the whole Tippett saga but then is no reason to assume he as the top man took it on the chin although having little to do with it. Just a thought, might be backed by nothing and may have very much been at the middle of it, but there could also be honour it jumping on the grenade.

Not overly concerned with that statistic, the football department should be responsible for on field performance, the CEO is more responsible for the off field stuff related to the membership and financial viability of the club.
He buck stops with the CEO. He is responsible for employing the people in the football dept. The football dept in Adelaide didn't deliver a premiership. 11th,14th, 3rd, 11th and probably 11th again in the last 5 seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back