Welcome to Collingwood Adam Oxley (Rookie - pick 39)

Remove this Banner Ad

He thought it was private. Anyhow, very scaley.

Borderline between thinking he should be schooled and punted.

Anything you put on social media you can't expect it to be private.

No reason to delist him, i'm sure players on our list have said bad things too. Make him explain himself to the leadership group and if needed attend a class on respect for women. If he screws up again well then he doesn't get a 2nd year on the list

It was on twitter o_O
Should we believe everything on social media nowadays then?
I know that doesn't excuse the conversation at all by the way.But my god everyone lives in a fish bowl nowadays.

Is it a good thing or a bad thing..........I don't know.

I know that doesn't excuse the conversation at all by the way.But my god everyone lives in a fish bowl nowadays.

All the more reason to think before you tweet. . . .

What do you mean should we believe it?

Even if it is just bravado talk between two young virile boys,there is no place for it in today's society.

The thing is, it wasn't even that. I'd find that distasteful as well. It was more along the line of jokes regarding a dead hooker in the back seat. Just a shock comment for a zinger. I can't believe I'm defending this because I'm usually on the other side getting annoyed about people who can't understand why these things are serious business. s**t joke with poor delivery that unfortunately becomes public. I find it pretty bloody terrible his character is under scrutiny on a public forum over a comment that is now being discussed way out of context.

Can we now get him out on oval quick so we can start discussing his footy already!

The thing is, it wasn't even that. I'd find that distasteful as well. It was more along the line of jokes regarding a dead hooker in the back seat. Just a shock comment for a zinger. I can't believe I'm defending this because I'm usually on the other side getting annoyed about people who can't understand why these things are serious business. s**t joke with poor delivery that unfortunately becomes public. I find it pretty bloody terrible his character is under scrutiny on a public forum over a comment that is now being discussed way out of context.

Can we now get him out on oval quick so we can start discussing his footy already!
Joely if hey put that comment out in the blogosphere then he's asking for reaction

Hi Blaze, Yes I would delist Swanny if it was proven he made such comments. That said I would be extremely confident based on his tenure at the club that Dane would not even entertain the thought of posting the likes.
I hope you aren't always like this. He said something he shouldn't have. Its not career ending, he's not our President, give him a slap on the wrist and move on. Yes rape is a serious issue but it looks like the only reason you are on here is to hang him out to dry. You created your account just to whine about him right? Do you actually go for the Pies or are you just here to troll?

I just think we as Collingwood supporters wake up everyday hoping"Please let there be no controversy involving our club today"

I know I do lately,I can't remember the last time the reigning Premiers had an off field controversy.

Unfortunately we are the most hated club in the land and therefore will always be judged the hardest,be it by the media or on here.

I just think we as Collingwood supporters wake up everyday hoping"Please let there be no controversy involving our club today"

I know I do lately,I can't remember the last time the reigning Premiers had an off field controversy.

Unfortunately we are the most hated club in the land and therefore will always be judged the hardest,be it by the media or on here.
Mick get used to it m8 - I've been supporting the Pies since 1964 and its always been the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk about Chinese whispers! Nah man, it wasn't that and suffice it to say it wasn't impressive.

I'll leave it to the club to sort this out.

I think we, and the club, can breath a sigh of relief that this didn't get out onto the media, could of been a real beat up story for the club and Oxley

Mick get used to it m8 - I've been supporting the Pies since 1964 and its always been the same.
I know what you mean j54,I have been supporting us since 1975 but the intense scrutiny we have endured in the media ever since 2010 is bordering on infatuation.

I think we, and the club, can breath a sigh of relief that this didn't get out onto the media, could of been a real beat up story for the club and Oxley
You're right blaze.

But it worries me that it hasn't,is it just a case of the calm before the storm?

Yep and Garlett goes undrafted for partying and off field habbits.
Good point loki.

Garlett has been shunned by everyone for his partying ways.Yet we bring in a boy who thinks the term rape is funny.

Lets hope this boy realises what he has done is wrong and is unacceptable.

Yep and Garlett goes undrafted for partying and off field habbits.

I have no idea about Garlett, but clearly everyone knew and thought it was not something to invest in. At a guess that was behavioural and attitude. This may just be a brain fart. I'm sure / hope he'll learn from it.

I hope you aren't always like this. He said something he shouldn't have. Its not career ending, he's not our President, give him a slap on the wrist and move on. Yes rape is a serious issue but it looks like the only reason you are on here is to hang him out to dry. You created your account just to whine about him right? Do you actually go for the Pies or are you just here to troll?

Always like what? Having faith in Swanny, yes I do! I totally agree with Old Spice's comment "I'm more concerned about the quality of person we bring into the club to be perfectly honest". "I'm not that interested in any player who thinks that's funny". The club is bigger than any individual and that was made clear when Swanny copped his 2 weeks regardless of his seniority at the club. You state "Yes rape is a serious issue" but "give him a slap on the wrist and move on". That does not gel with me. I agree with blaze "Make him explain himself to the leadership group and if needed attend a class on respect for women". Three pages ago I wrote a similar line in "However he may be the innocent party due to an immature friend and "IF" all is true he could be made to work hard in the process to highlight and assist in promoting awareness of violence against women" as well as "he is innocent unless proven guilty".
Nor did I hang him out to dry, he seems to have done a good job of that himself. And yes I'm a passionate pie who only wants the best for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back