Welcome to Collingwood Adam Oxley (Rookie - pick 39)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it Lexus? Sorry i cant keep up with the corporate sponsors :)

No it's Westpac. Your post just illustrated how valuable naming rights are to companies. It creates an almost unconscious association. Anyway...sorry for the tangent!

I'm pretty disappointed that this kid didn't get the opportunity to show his wares in the AFL this year, he was probably the player that I was most interested in seeing this year to be honest. He showed a lot last year in the VFL with his ability to read the play, intercept mark and spoil contests as a third man up, not to mention he's also a good kick and a decent decision maker which would have helped us set up play from half back. Lets hope he can have a good pre season and make his way into the team at the start of next year.

I'm pretty disappointed that this kid didn't get the opportunity to show his wares in the AFL this year, he was probably the player that I was most interested in seeing this year to be honest. He showed a lot last year in the VFL with his ability to read the play, intercept mark and spoil contests as a third man up, not to mention he's also a good kick and a decent decision maker which would have helped us set up play from half back. Lets hope he can have a good pre season and make his way into the team at the start of next year.
Agree. He's been the forgotten man this year. Was blanketed by the fog of other injuries.
The crazy thing is that his injury was an ankle sprain.
Having surgery this week, hence hopefully ready for 2015 season.
I too am excited by his prospects.

Perhaps he could have had it fixed earlier then.
They said it was 6 weeks initially if you remember the prognosis. I questioned that. Turned in to 4-5 months before he played on it and realised it needed surgery. Piss poor by us, we did the exact same thing with Thomas' ankle last season.
Brown is another case but to a lesser extent. We seem happier to see if they can play through the injury.
Swan is another case. He needs surgery now! .. But what are we doing yes resting him for 4-5 weeks. He have it when the season is over and probably be delayed in 2015. We've got a few wrong for a while.

They said it was 6 weeks initially if you remember the prognosis. I questioned that. Turned in to 4-5 months before he played on it and realised it needed surgery. Piss poor by us, we did the exact same thing with Thomas' ankle last season.
Brown is another case but to a lesser extent. We seem happier to see if they can play through the injury.
Swan is another case. He needs surgery now! .. But what are we doing yes resting him for 4-5 weeks. He have it when the season is over and probably be delayed in 2015. We've got a few wrong for a while.

For once I agree with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Ox should be healthy by now and 2015 is important to do everything possible to make the grade so with
maxy gorne, the berg injured i think if he stays fit he could be the jack frost of 2015.

I didn't agree with his promotion last year I would have kept him on the rookie list, barring injury he could of been elevated to the senior side throughout this season.

I didn't agree with his promotion last year I would have kept him on the rookie list, barring injury he could of been elevated to the senior side throughout this season.
I think that Hine never intended to go deep onto the draft.
Plan was to use picks 6 & 10 only (until Langdon & Marsh slid down the order).
Hence plenty of room to upgrade both Dywer & Oxley & still fit Hudson in as a nominated rookie upgrade.
Remember we had 9 senior players off our list last year.
Oxley basically took Gaults place on the list, which at the time was a sound call.
Oxley late season form was good in the AFL, following his temp elevation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back