Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh god imagine the draft speculation going on for another 3 months... Actual insanity would ensue.

"Collingwood linked to every 17-18 year old who has ever played football"
And a day later "GWS ready to swoop and all 17-18 year old footballers linked to Collingwood".

Cheers for posting that, they'll always come off looking good in their highlights package, but he looks to be good above his head, good on the preferred foot and seemed to make good decisions. That one kick on the non-preferred looked a bit crook, but no point reading too much into it, I guess. :thumbsu:

Signs look good so fare as he has improved in endurance running so far but has plenty to work on in that area still over time but he seems like a good one on one player.
So brado the rhino really is another sa boy to go with our other young sa clan Shazza, Bk and Grundy as he only played footy in victoria the past few years. Do we claim him as victorian as he played for vic metro??????
13358_1259679364448_1003584993_30842560_6938455_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well there u go then I totally forgot there was a Peter Maynard who played in Adelaide. Automatically thought Rodney haha. My bad.
I do remember Peter being a big key fwd though.
I know this is a bit belated, but I've only just looked at this thread. Peter Maynard was certainly not a big key forward, he was a small midfielder type from what I can remember. He was listed at 175cm and 76kg in his Melbourne days!

Graham Campbell, former Fitzroy player and coach (also Glenelg coach) is the grandfather of Brayden.

This photo makes for interesting viewing, 33 years down the track! The comment says "Glenelg's David Frost tackles Port Adelaide rover Ray Huppatz. Peter Maynard awaits the outcome. 1982 preliminary final." The 2 Glenelg players now have sons playing at Collingwood:-
upload_2015-2-25_22-47-30.jpeg
Throw in Kennedy and Scharenberg and we have a reasonable Glenelg connection. A bit more trivia for anyone that cares - former Collingwood player Matthew Lokan (2003 GF) is now coaching the struggling SANFL club, while the often maligned Stephen Patterson is the local mayor.

I know this is a bit belated, but I've only just looked at this thread. Peter Maynard was certainly not a big key forward, he was a small midfielder type from what I can remember. He was listed at 175cm and 76kg in his Melbourne days!

Graham Campbell, former Fitzroy player and coach (also Glenelg coach) is the grandfather of Brayden.

This photo makes for interesting viewing, 33 years down the track! The comment says "Glenelg's David Frost tackles Port Adelaide rover Ray Huppatz. Peter Maynard awaits the outcome. 1982 preliminary final." The 2 Glenelg players now have sons playing at Collingwood:-
View attachment 112073
Throw in Kennedy and Scharenberg and we have a reasonable Glenelg connection. A bit more trivia for anyone that cares - former Collingwood player Matthew Lokan (2003 GF) is now coaching the struggling SANFL club, while the often maligned Stephen Patterson is the local mayor.
----------------------
'while the often maligned Stephen Patterson is the local mayor'... CLASSIC ! I always had a soft spot for Patterson, not because he was a great or even good player but because he was clearly oblivious to his own skill limitations, he'd try to do things which he obviously couldn't ....tailor made for politics I'd say...

----------------------
'while the often maligned Stephen Patterson is the local mayor'... CLASSIC ! I always had a soft spot for Patterson, not because he was a great or even good player but because he was clearly oblivious to his own skill limitations, he'd try to do things which he obviously couldn't ....tailor made for politics I'd say...
Very well said! My memory must have played tricks on me because I had always remembered him as a fairly successful player, but way too many people are suggesting otherwise!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know where he got his tatt but looks like Maynard is joining the tattoed lads. I predict he will be fully sleeved in 2 years time.
View attachment 111530
Show us your new ink Rhino. i wish someone could make a highlights reel of his dad so video guys get onto it :)

Anyone know what the latest on Maynard is? I havent heard much about him over the past few weeks. Is he injured?
Participated in full training yesterday, so not injured.

More Raw then we Thought. Showed Glimpses of what he can do in the VFL Practise Games but been very quiet though. Would lucky to have had 10 Touches in either game.

Still like him as a Prospect but will take time to be AFL Ready.

Plays Similar to Lewis/Hodge

More Raw then we Thought. Showed Glimpses of what he can do in the VFL Practise Games but been very quiet though. Would lucky to have had 10 Touches in either game.

Still like him as a Prospect but will take time to be AFL Ready.

Plays Similar to Lewis/Hodge

2017 prospect?

More Thinking later in the Season or 2016 as he needs to build his engine a bit
That's realistic TD. It's the really good kids that can play a bit year 1. Most draftees need a good amount of VFL experience before they get their AFL chance. Patience is a virtue with these kids

Gotta love 80's footage and nothing like taking the pis s out of your team mate. If genes are anything to go on, maybe we should be playing Brayden in the forward line.

That's realistic TD. It's the really good kids that can play a bit year 1. Most draftees need a good amount of VFL experience before they get their AFL chance. Patience is a virtue with these kids

I think that comment shows how impatient supporters are. 2016 is his second year and thats when he is expected to be ready.

I think that comment shows how impatient supporters are. 2016 is his second year and thats when he is expected to be ready.
Yeah I would say even 2016-7 but it's more tempered than what has been posted at times listing him as likely part of our best 22 this year etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back