Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm thinking that they will probably fly him up with the team for the experience? Will be good for him and give him a wee taste.

In the past, haven't they used these games as an opportunity to take the full squad north for some intensive training? The VFL bye this weekend would enable that.

Congrats to the youngster, being an emergency this week.

Seeing him in the VFL a couple of weeks ago, I thought he was a long way off. But clearly the club think differently, and his efforts against Richmond last week have been duly recognised.

We might have to sit up and starting taking him seriously. Could debut this year. Exciting times!

Might be the type who plays better at AFL level then at VFL level

I think he's been good the last couple of games. Not outstanding but as I said in a post a couple of weeks back, he's coming along nicely.

He's getting his 15/16 touches a game off the back flank. He seems to relish the contested ball and to my eye needs to develop a better tank to get more outside ball and use that left foot to hurt more. I'm confident it will come with time.

Completely agree, Kirby. Does what he does well, just needs to do more of it! When he has the tank to pick up the handball receives and use his left foot more as an offensive weapon he's going to be great to have in the side. :)

Completely agree, Kirby. Does what he does well, just needs to do more of it! When he has the tank to pick up the handball receives and use his left foot more as an offensive weapon he's going to be great to have in the side. :)

Was Mentioned Pre-Draft that Maynard did not have a good Engine and that is 1 of the Big Things he needs to Work On when Drafted

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
I think he will take time, but he has aggression, work ethic and talent, coupled with good height and pace.

Obviously plenty to work with there. All that is missing is the tank. I see a lot of Luke Hodge in him
Flying elbows??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was Mentioned Pre-Draft that Maynard did not have a good Engine and that is 1 of the Big Things he needs to Work On when Drafted
Yes mate. He just needs to work on his engine and the world's his oyster.

Yummy oysters...

I think he will take time, but he has aggression, work ethic and talent, coupled with good height and pace.

Obviously plenty to work with there. All that is missing is the tank. I see a lot of Luke Hodge in him

I do see a bit of Luke Hodge style in Maynard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ketchup

Cancelled
May 9, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Aberdeen FC
So pumped to see this kid get a game one day. Been more excited about him than many of the other draft picks this year. Just have a feeling his best can be really, really good and fills a need we have needed for a while.

However, it's going to take a lot of work for him to get there, whether he can or not is a difference story. Should be really interesting to follow his development.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
What happens if you put a ball between Maynard De Goey Adams and Marley Williams...

We are really getting some tough solid boys down at the club, teams are going to pull up very sore after playing us in a few years

And thanks to morgoth for the inside word from his source :thumbsu:

Didn’t the same thing Happen with Darcy Moore when he was said on the Thursday before Anzac Day saying he was playing

Bucksboys

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jun 23, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didn’t the same thing Happen with Darcy Moore when he was said on the Thursday before Anzac Day saying he was playing

By all accounts Darcy was going to play before his injury and is probably only one more decent outing away from a debut

By all accounts Darcy was going to play before his injury and is probably only one more decent outing away from a debut

I agree but people said Peter Moore did not go overseas because of Darcy Debuting in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back