Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like my younger cousin from Reservoir. Does he look like everyone's younger cousin from Reservoir? I wouldn't mess with him.

Shame he is a Melbourne supporter, only blemish on his otherwise Magpies looking frame

You can tell he'll never take a backwards step on the field.

k1b8fID.gif

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Captain Spud.

He looks like my younger cousin from Reservoir. Does he look like everyone's younger cousin from Reservoir? I wouldn't mess with him.

Shame he is a Melbourne supporter, only blemish on his otherwise Magpies looking frame
Was. He was a Melbourne supporter. As was our illustrious captain when he was growing up. May their careers mirror each other as the circumstances of their recruitment have so far.

I have not read this entire thread so maybe somebody has already suggested this but I am extremely excited by this pick as it very much sounds like we hid this kid away and have big hopes on him.
It might also suggest why we were so happy to trade so heavily this year and only have our first pick in the 30's because we thought we had the chance to pick him up late in the draft.
We will only know in 3-4 years time but he sounds like a great prospect.

Was. He was a Melbourne supporter. As was our illustrious captain when he was growing up. May their careers mirror each other as the circumstances of their recruitment have so far.

I'm glad we got something back on Melbourne because Murray Weideman will be cursing God and having a pink fit knowing that his grandson will be pulling on the hated red legs jumper next year :(

I'm glad we got something back on Melbourne because Murray Weideman will be cursing God and having a pink fit knowing that his grandson will be pulling on the hated red legs jumper next year :(
It's cool, he'll just be in Sam's ear for the next two years. Melbourne will be trying to extend his contract immediately, as they did with Brayshaw and Petracca, so it will be interesting to see if he resists their attempts to put him in a long term deal. Should be a good insight in to his intentions.

You could see him at the table trying to be cheerful - it must've been killing him. Melbourne were the mortal enemy in his day.

You could see him at the table trying to be cheerful - it must've been killing him. Melbourne were the mortal enemy in his day.

Absolutely. In his draft order Melbourne would have been 18th. He may have mellowed into one of those 'whoever he's with ill support him' grandparents but I'd say he'd have to be grinding his teeth about it away from the cameras.

Wasn't it Weideman that won us the game in 58 by hitting Barassi?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I drawing a long bow, or does anyone else find a lot of similarities to Bontempelli? Big bodied mid, bottom ages, from Northern Knights. Has a bit of acceleration from the pack and no one saw much on Bontempelli as a mid coming out of his draft. Seems that type to me.

Am I drawing a long bow, or does anyone else find a lot of similarities to Bontempelli? Big bodied mid, bottom ages, from Northern Knights. Has a bit of acceleration from the pack and no one saw much on Bontempelli as a mid coming out of his draft. Seems that type to me.

Bont Played all year at the Northen Knights and Played Vic Metro. Big Difference with that

I'm loving the intensity he shows in that highlights clip. Every time he's near the ball he goes at it with everything. Same thing when he's going at the man holding it.

This bloke, along with JDG, Adams and Treloar will bring so much physical presence to our stoppages. Let's not forget Grundy either, he loves dumping the opposition into the turf.

The other things that caught my eye were his explosive breakaway pace and nice ball use by hand. A unit that big moving that quickly is going to be very hard to stop. Dane Swan like, though with a far bigger frame. If he turns into half the player Swan has been then we're laughing.

When we are set to 'release the bear' would it violate any AFLPA codes if we kept him on the boundary line in a cage and have the trainers poke him with sticks before he comes onto the ground?

There's a new AFL rule - don't poke the bear.

2011, you mean the draft where we entered at pick 50 and still managed to pick up Jarrod Witts and Marley Williams, as well as bring in Jamie Elliott along the way?

Tough audience...

Witts was an academy player. We had him prior to the draft.
Williams was a rookie selection.
Yes we did trade in Elliott who has been awesome but when you look at the rest of the names....Paine, Stubbs etc it was a shocker.

Witts was an academy player. We had him prior to the draft.
Williams was a rookie selection.
Yes we did trade in Elliott who has been awesome but when you look at the rest of the names....Paine, Stubbs etc it was a shocker.

Agree, but it was Paine, Gault and Witts. IMO, that's our worst draft hall under Hine alongside 07.

Both out of Marcellin also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back