Bumped Brenden Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

Do people like this Guy because he is close to a Normal Bloke then other Players?
Everyone loves an underdog Dave, and this bloke is the very definition of one.

Brenden Abbott epitomises what the rookie draft is all about ...

... taking a highly speculative punt on a player who - through lack of opportunity or other mitigating factors - isn't AFL ready, but has shown enough that he might become so if given an opportunity to train in an AFL system.

Everybody loves a good fairy tale, and we all hope Brenden Abbott becomes one :thumbsu:
Agree it was a punt worth taking. Just don't agree with the sacking of guys like now Shaw though.

Agree it was a punt worth taking. Just don't agree with the sacking of guys like now Shaw though.

Your like a dog with a bone. Give the kid a chance FFS and stop giving us all the shits.

Jeez I hope you're right mate, but he was picked up where he was for reason.

Brenden Abbott, pick 26, 2014 rookie draft

Sam Dwyer, pick 27, 2013 rookie draft, 34 games (and counting)
Marley Williams, pick 35, 2012 rookie draft, 37 games (and counting)
Jack Frost, pick 41, 2013 rookie draft, 24 games (and counting)

Brenden Abbott, pick 26, 2014 rookie draft

Sam Dwyer, pick 27, 2013 rookie draft, 34 games (and counting)
Marley Williams, pick 35, 2012 rookie draft, 37 games (and counting)
Jack Frost, pick 41, 2013 rookie draft, 24 games (and counting)
I acknowledge that, and I also know there were 14 promoted rookies paying in the 2010 GF. But it would surely be a fact that a rookie has less chance of making it than someone picked in the earlier draft. Look I want these big hard cnuts to make it too, but the chances are less that they will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've never seen him skirt packs??

It's his signature move, along with running the ball after being spoon fed, then kicking blindly generally towards the opposition's best intercept mark.

He's no Didak.... Put it that way.
He'll go when he needs to....

Disposal is another story.

10394769_10152566107696229_8462893504069240028_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back