Bumped Brenden Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

I love these threads. I get ridiculed for thinking Maynard might be a smokey debutant round 1 yet somehow the big show is lining up!
I don't think either will be. Would be a hell of a shock if Abbott was upgraded over Gault.

Surely there would be a few pissed off players if Abbott and Maynard got a round one game ahead of them considering their pre seasons.

Says who? You?

There's this thing called a sub by the way. Good for guys who are a bit underdone but could potentially have an impact.

(I don't think Abbott will play fwiw, but not because of fitness, because there are several players well agead of him, and upgrading him means Gault can't be upgraded.)

Says anyone who has even a basic understanding of Abbott, fitness is his biggest weakness.

You realize the sub may have to come on in the first 5 minutes? Have to be able to play a full game even if you start as the sub.

Ok, where does this thing 'The Big Show' come from? What am I missing here? Will I regret asking this question?

Not sure if you are a cricket fan VP but I've heard The Big Show applied to Glenn Maxwell because of his talent, unconventional style and exciting play. http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...inst-afghanistan/story-fndpt0dy-1227248581777

As such I think it has some application to Abbott - he seems an exciting player and probably unconventional (at least in the sense he doesn't have the fitness of an AFL player at present).

Says anyone who has even a basic understanding of Abbott, fitness is his biggest weakness.

You realize the sub may have to come on in the first 5 minutes? Have to be able to play a full game even if you start as the sub.
Actually a fun fact about The Big Show is that he has no weaknesses.

Apart from his nickname :thumbsdown:
150202_queenstown600c.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mkcaptain loki04

Comment From Popin from bf

Brenden Big Show Abbott

Sam Gastin

He's been very good, Popin. I like what I see.

Comment From BIG ABBS

Hello to you all from Albany Western Australia where the Big Show Brenden Abbott family are right behind him sooo exciting!!!

Sam Gastin

Who puts it on the chest of the Big Show Brenden Abbott!

I brought everyone popcorn to sit down and watch the 2015 vfl show
popcorn20bucketscob.jpg

Um...

Anyway, seems like he has started off his VFL season well. Wouldn't expect him to break into the seniors till 2016 though but hopefully he continues to kick goals at VFL level and provide pressure on spots
Was your mail registered post? Seems to have been lost in transit.
I shoulda put a smiley face on the end so you guys knew I was joking. But clearly good signs this morn....I look forward to seeing him develop

I shoulda put a smiley face on the end so you guys knew I was joking. But clearly good signs this morn....I look forward to seeing him develop
Yeh i i got ya pepperface, some people are abit serious at times here :)

I'm still confused. I thought we were trading him to Richmond or Carlton?

Surely our unprecedented preseason trading strategy hasnt been scuppered????

Who does he remind you, style-wise, K?
Stewart Dew would be a close comparison, yet not quite as fat or slow as him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back