Welcome to Collingwood Draft Threads (Mods have updated OP for how welcome threads will be handled)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dave, have you ever considered doing any retrospective welcome threads for previous drafts? Maybe a Welcome Kent Butcher or Welcome James Wasley thread.

I'm sure it'll be a real hit on this board.
What about Nick Davis, Dale Thomas & Dayne Beams.

Maybe mix it up a little bit this year, make the thread more official. Like "Collingwood select Laverde with Pick 5". I always through giving a welcome thread was a bit silly, like anticipating the player is going to jump on bigfooty after getting drafted to see what the response is. You'll have to be quick this year TD, I reckon someone will try and spoil your party. :mad:

I call dibs on the "It's about time Pick 5* gets a game thread."

I didn't want anyone calling dibs on this before me so had to jump on a few days early because you know, it's really important to me and my family that I get this honour. I don't want to be excluded from christmas again.

*I will edit this post with the name of said draft pick after reading Dave's thread on Thursday night to see who we select.

Yeah I really think we should each make one for each player. We'll have like 20 welcome threads for each player. Than we start threads on the other boards just cover bigfooty with these welcome threads. The go down to the westpac and put up heaps of banners for each player and then pretty much cover the whole world with welcome to collingwood banners

oh he's serious

i call dibs on the 1st thread comparing a rookie pick to some current day champion.

cos the last one went soooooo well :oops:

When was the last rookie vs champion thread?

I'm sensing there might be some cowboys amongst the posters on the forum, Dave, who might just fancy themselves to have a crack at the title.

I would suggest getting in early with a welcome thread tonight for the top 8 or 9 prospects (assuming we will get one of them). You can then at least have the first one covered.

That was pretty much your strategy for the trade period, anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not much fun, just saying.
What? Kent Butcher is too good for you? Maybe a Luke Godden or a Paul Sharkey thread then?
jhr8l5.jpg

I got dibs on the sack Buckley thread when we lose our first game next year.
But seriously why don't we give TD temp mod for the day, then he can just delete any competing welcome threads and ban anyone who tries to make one?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back