Welcome to Collingwood Jackson Ramsay (pick 38)

Remove this Banner Ad

Details Below

From the mocks:

Snoop Dog
Jackson Ramsay East Perth
181cm / 71kg / ‘94
Havent seen very much of this kid but did see him couple of times at Champs and he stood out as a player across HB and wing. He got a truckload of the ball and was very good on the transition and used it pretty well. He is only a tiny fella but he has a go so would think clubs would rate him as a 2-3 year prospect. Had some injuries late in season so exposed form coming hasn’t helped him. Half expect them to recycle a senior player somewhere dont you! Another club who would think a Matt Bate appeals to.

Knightmare
Jackson Ramsay (WA – Def)
Height: 181cm, Weight: 71kg, DOB: 20/11/1994
Recruited from: East Perth
Style:
Player comparison:
Range: 35-rookie
Profile: Defender who enjoys taking the game on with his pace. In the limited games he has played has accumulated some big numbers are really impressed. Footskills sound and uses it well with no decision making issues with ball in hand. Can improve defensively and is more your offensive running back flanker at this stage but plenty to work with.

• Former club:East Perth
  • DOB:20/11/1994
  • Height:183cm
  • Position Defender
  • Weight: 77kg
Courageous and composed defender with pace and an excellent work rate. Has good disposal skills and makes sound decisions with or without the ball. Played three matches for WA at Under-18 level before missing the final two matches with injury. Averaged 24.4 disposals in five matches at Colts level in WAFL

Dude, what the hell is with this, don't post a thread for the sake of it, at least which pick he was, and some information. You can find out who we drafted through plenty of other avenues.

This guy reminds me of shannon cox....lets hope he doesnt have the same career as that guy

Looks like Cox facially, but doesn't really play like him from that highlights package. Seems to be a well balanced player who can find space, so maybe another future BJ type off half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Replacement for BJ/O'brien/Shaw long term, a lot to like about him, makes good decisions, uses the footy really well from the highlights package (when under pressure as well) and has excellent pace

Nice, I like it, I like it a lot.

Seems just limited game time made him drop. Could be the replacement for BJ as DTM said.

Although there's no real substitute for a BJ.:p

This is an absolute Hine special.

Don't ask me why but this kid will be a good afl player Imho . That is all we want with late picks.

Good through traffic, impressive lateral movement, toe and tidy footskills. I like the look of Ramsay!

yep that is him. I saw him play QLD during champs and hadn't seen him before. It was a wet sort of day and he stood out bc he handled the ball better than anyone on the paddock thru HB and Middle and he certainly got more of it than nearly anyone else. I didn't see any Colt games but a bloke I know over there who watches a lot of it will tell you he was in his top 4-5 WA prospects behind Simpson, Shaw, Carter and someone else I can't remember so hats off to him bc few were calling him that early.....in fact nobody was so another Hine special there. I had him at the back end of my mock bc I hadn't seen much more than that one game but he was good. If you go back I think you might even find he was the best on the park that day.

Hine mentioned that he played as well as anybody on Whitfield when they were matched up on one another. Given his tank is one of his attributes he could be another one earmarked as a possible tagger.

Makes sense as we need run off half back with Jonno retiring soon.

I was dissapointed at first because Garlett and Membrey were still available and I was convinced we were going to pull the trigger.

Still wish we had taken the punt on Membrey, but obviously Hine filled a hole here and we already have Macaffer and Paine to play the mid-sized forward role.

Don't know anything about Ramsey, but i'll trust Hine on this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back