Welcome to Collingwood Jackson Ramsay (pick 38)

Remove this Banner Ad

No chance he will be a rookie next year! looked more than capable at AFL level, I am just happy that we have another back man that can Kick! Played on Breust I think and he only kicked 1 goal and 15 disposals.

We are going to have two players on the long term injury list, we're better off putting Ramsay on the rookie list so we can pick up another kid in the national draft and upgrade him early.

Edit: Also Ramsay has 54% disposal efficiency, his kicking has been over hyped by some commentators because he can kick it long.

We are going to have two players on the long term injury list, we're better off putting Ramsay on the rookie list so we can pick up another kid in the national draft and upgrade him early.

Edit: Also Ramsay has 54% disposal efficiency, his kicking has been over hyped by some commentators because he can kick it long.

You are basing that 54% disposal efficiency on two games and one was in wet conditions in Sydney where disposal efficiency was down for all players, I would say it is not a true indication of his kicking efficiency based on a small sample size at AFL level.

He is only 19 and his improvement curve is still very steep, so I think it is pointless putting him on the rookie list because IMO he will be pushing for selection next year, It wouldn't surprise me if he add another 10 odd AFL games to his resume.

Not sure, he is capable at VFL level without starring. He had one AFL game which was a bit of a nothing game given the state of our list and Hawks already stitching up their final possie. Wouldn't read to much into that. For a BP or HBF possie he is behind Williams, Toovey, Langdon, Seedsman, Goldsack, Young, Armstrong and probably even Oxley once he gets fit. Still has a lot of work to do

IMO he is only competing against two other players for selection on that list plus Sinclair. Langdon, Seedsman, Goldsack, Young, Oxkley, Armstrong don't and can't play anymore that lock down/rebounding role on small forwards which has been an Achilles's heel for us since the retirement of Leon. Williams, Sinclair can play that role and I have my doubts on Tooves/Armstrong being able to do it anymore. I think Williams stagnated this year and his kicking went backwards (sprayed the footy alot), which I can fully understand given what he went through early this year. Hope he has a good preseason and gets back to his best.

You are basing that 54% disposal efficiency on two games and one was in wet conditions in Sydney where disposal efficiency was down for all players, I would say it is not a true indication of his kicking efficiency based on a small sample size at AFL level.

He is only 19 and his improvement curve is still very steep, so I think it is pointless putting him on the rookie list because IMO he will be pushing for selection next year, It wouldn't surprise me if he add another 10 odd AFL games to his resume.

IMO he is only competing against two other players for selection on that list plus Sinclair. Langdon, Seedsman, Goldsack, Young, Oxkley, Armstrong don't and can't play anymore that lock down/rebounding role on small forwards which has been an Achilles's heel for us since the retirement of Leon. Williams, Sinclair can play that role and I have my doubts on Tooves/Armstrong being able to do it anymore. I think Williams stagnated this year and his kicking went backwards (sprayed the footy alot), which I can fully understand given what he went through early this year. Hope he has a good preseason and gets back to his best.

His kicking was also bad in the nab challenge, from what I've seen from him his kicking is nothing special, and mentioned as I before, we have 2 players on the LTI list, so we can upgrade him early next year.

How much more can Jackson improve with an injurie free preseason and adding size??????

Last edited:
His kicking was also bad in the nab challenge, from what I've seen from him his kicking is nothing special, and mentioned as I before, we have 2 players on the LTI list, so we can upgrade him early next year.
Ramsay actually plays on an opponent disposal % shouldn't be the number 1 priority.

Ramsay was the youngest kid on our list in 2013. Think he's shown enough to be retained on the senior list.

Jackson has just turned 20, so a big preseason needed from the kid to add more size and see what he can achieve as he didn't play bad
in the games he was given this year :)

Jackson has just turned 20, so a big preseason needed from the kid to add more size and see what he can achieve as he didn't play bad
Really liked the way he went about it, won't be a star but loves a contest! Loved seeing the 2nd, 3rd and 4th efforts from him, always goes in hard.

I'm pretty sure he finished first or at least in the top three in the triathlon at Falls Creek, so the man's in great physical shape.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back