Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you don't feel excited about this kid then I don't know what is wrong with you.

Yes he has a long way to go but boy he shows something.

I'm trying to keep a lid on it but I'm not sure I can.....

I hope Buckley starts him in the 22 in Blairs or Goldsacks forward line spot!

Tonight showed the difference with stacking our forward 50 with multiple dangerous class forwards vs the stupid mind numbing defensive set up we rolled with in 2014.

Blair and Goldsack should be no where near the Collingwood FC starting 6 forward line period!

I think that's the best summary ive heard so far. 12 possies, a goal, a couple of tackles gives us a glimpse of what's to come. Fair start, but not quite the messiah some posters are talking him up to be just yet. Struggled early, but after he picked up the pace his confidence grew. Still a bit of work to do with his pace as he was beaten on the spread defensively a few times. Also beaten by his direct opponent out of the middle on a few occasions. Id like to see him as a high half forward (every good team has one these days) and pinch hit in the middle until he develops his all round game a bit more. Wasn't in our best (as he was in our intra club), but I was certainly excited by a few passages of play.

Struggled early?

He was played fwd early and the Hawks were on top of us in that quarter for large parts in fact when he was moved on ball he was one of the reasons we swang it back with a few important little contests.

He wasn't in our best I agree but he sure as s**t showed glimpses of what's to come, when he gets a regular on ball gig in 2 more seasons time look out! I'm calling it now he will become our best midfielder in 3-4 years time.

There were a few things he did tonight that had me thinking yep we have a star in the making here AS long as he puts the work in and continues to hit the contest as hard as he did tonight.

Struggled early?

He was played fwd early and the Hawks were on top of us in that quarter for large parts in fact when he was moved on ball he was one of the reasons we swang it back with a few important little contests.

He wasn't in our best I agree but he sure as s**t showed glimpses of what's to come, when he gets a regular on ball gig in 2 more seasons time look out! I'm calling it now he will become our best midfielder in 3-4 years time.

There were a few things he did tonight that had me thinking yep we have a star in the making here AS long as he puts the work in and continues to hit the contest as hard as he did tonight.

Rewind the tape......he started on the ball from the very first bounce and yes he struggled with the tempo early. Certainly wasn't one of the main reasons we swung it back in our favour. In 3 or 4 years I hope he's one of our best mids. particularly for a no. 5 pick-but of course that's too early to call. Hope he's the type of kid that can handle some of the unrealistic expectation that's being thrown around from some posters. Cant disagree with your last paragraph!

Promising player. Tough as nails. Could be a ziebell-lite which is exactly the sort of player Collingwood need. Will give the rising star a shake. It will go to the tougher player in turner.
$34 for Rising Star

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zeibell attacks the ball hard but I wouldn't call him aggressive in nature, there is a difference, DeGoey has a bit of malice in his intent at the man.
Are we talking about the same Jack Ziebell who gets suspended for 4-6 weeks a year for a massive, leaving the feet, pole-axing rough conduct charge?

Like these:

I mean, I would have thought one of the few things Jack Ziebell was actually famous for, in between injuries, was being way TOO aggressive at the man most of the time.

De Goey was earmarked to go at the mid to late teens (from memory), he only became a name when Collingwood called him out.

Not so sure about that. Mainstream media wise, yes he wasn't it and a bit (Laverde was the man), but he did receive a lot of attention from other channels in the final few weeks leading up to the draft.

Kid reminds me of Sidebottom, not so much in the way he plays, but in the way he is able to kick the ball on both sides of the body with such ease.

Had a Hawks supporter last night express his surprise that DeGoey was a right footer when I told him. The kid had slammed so many on his left with such ease that he had just assumed he was a lefty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back