Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still think we caved and got a crap deal for Beams? Where are those people now.....
I do, pick 5 was the non negotiatable in the deal. It's the rest of the deal we get annoyed At.

Are we talking about the same Jack Ziebell who gets suspended for 4-6 weeks a year for a massive, leaving the feet, pole-axing rough conduct charge?

Like these:

I mean, I would have thought one of the few things Jack Ziebell was actually famous for, in between injuries, was being way TOO aggressive at the man most of the time.

Just cheap shots and half aren't aggressive as much as stupid, curnow one he jumps to mark see curnow coming and changes to a bump mid air in preservation for example he didn't set out with the intent to bump from the outset.
Reiwoldt one was sloppy technique (he obviously feels he needs to jump into bumps going off the vision) and he goes like a puppy dog rolled on his back being told off by its mum after he did it.

To be fair I only watch about 4-5 Norf games a year they bore me and in that viewing I haven't noticed an over aggression from him.

What's with the ziebell crap.
That blokes talked up as much as anyone and hardly delivers.
Between him and Wells North have two of the most overrated players in the league.
You have to be rated first to be overrated, I don't think anyone rates Ziebell

Are we talking about the same Jack Ziebell who gets suspended for 4-6 weeks a year for a massive, leaving the feet, pole-axing rough conduct charge?

Like these:

I mean, I would have thought one of the few things Jack Ziebell was actually famous for, in between injuries, was being way TOO aggressive at the man most of the time.

you're laughing if you think he should have gone for the first two. The third was bad.
Old school footballer that wants the football and puts everything he has into tackling.
R192013ZiebellDive.gif

Goey showed he is willing to throw his body around too. Looks a find.

you're laughing if you think he should have gone for the first two. The third was bad.
Old school footballer that wants the football and puts everything he has into tackling.
R192013ZiebellDive.gif

Goey showed he is willing to throw his body around too. Looks a find.
Could of broken Selwood's leg. Should of been a Geelong free kick

Stupid rule. Ziebell wanted the ball more. The rule is there to stop players like Adam Goodes sliding in with their knees and causing damage. Don't defend the softness of the rule changes just to attack a hard nosed player. De goey is tough as nails too. He may find himself in trouble at the tribunal too. Doesn't mean his ferociousness and desire to win the ball should be curtailed

I'm not passing judgment - I'm just pointing out that Ziebell is over-aggressive, if anything, in response to the suggestion that De Goey is more aggressive than Ziebell.

Just cheap shots and half aren't aggressive as much as stupid
I don't know how to reiterate this better with words, so I made a Venn diagram:

AOp4Juy.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more impressed with the centre break he did, if he can make that a regular part of his game and also get goals himself from it ala a young Buckley wowee!
I was tossing up going with the mark and goal or center break to Gault mark. Went with mark and goal because it was refreshing to see a player mark from 40 out and slot it over the goal umpires head!

Pretty sure selwood must have somehow shrugged the shoulders in that collision trying to get a free kick so play on imo...

I'm more impressed with the centre break he did, if he can make that a regular part of his game and also get goals himself from it ala a young Buckley wowee!

I liked the lead up mark + goal

(Plus his tackling work on the other side of the ground in the 5 min previously)

That was the second time I've watched De Goey play live (first was the TAC GF but I was more focused on watching Moore), but I'm extremely impressed and can see why people have been talking him up all summer. For me it was his attack on the ball and tackling pressure that was most pleasing. I know we've got a good one because even my most stubborn mates were telling me how much they liked his game

Which quickly led to a goal, along with his ripping tackle on Duryea and fast break from the centre. He got us about 4 goals and hardly missed a target under pressure. Can't wait to see him play against Carlton.

Agree and is exciting what he could Develop into.

He has the Potential to be as good as Beams and maybe even better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back