Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
A left peg like AKA AKKA will be happy days
He's absolutely nothing like Aker, other than potentially being able to kick on both feet like hundreds of other players.

Why not Leon Cameron or Lachlan Keeffe or Greg Williams, if it's only based on the fact that they use both feet equally well?

You're pretty persistent at getting a bad idea in your head and then sticking with it.

popin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers, Craig lowndes
He's absolutely nothing like Aker, other than potentially being able to kick on both feet like hundreds of other players.

Why not Leon Cameron or Lachlan Keeffe or Greg Williams, if it's only based on the fact that they use both feet equally well?

You're pretty persistent at getting a bad idea in your head and then sticking with it.
i said left peg, i didn't say anything about being like players in my post.
your good at assuming things wrong :)
Those players don't burst out of the middle with power wile showing there power kicking a deep kick into the fwd line on the opposite peg as two are back line players and greg he was slow with great skills and the handball king.
Power bursting out and kicking deep on the opposite reminds me of akka's left peg not jimmy-b's left peg

Last edited:

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
i said left peg, i didn't say anything about being like players in my post.
your good at assuming things wrong :)

He doesn't even kick it like Aker, you couldn't of picked a more different player apart from the fact they are both duel-sided (which most players are) :confused:

Of course I look forward to all those off topic videos of Akermanis you will post now

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός

Yeah I found Jonathan Brown's comment about Sam Mitchell funny.

"Mitchell is the closest I've seen to Aka in terms of kicking with both feet".

Um...Sam Mitchell shits on Akermanis from great height when it comes to kicking with both feet. Sam Mitchell is probably the best I've ever seen on both feet. Even better than Bucks was.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah I found Jonathan Brown's comment about Sam Mitchell funny.

"Mitchell is the closest I've seen to Aka in terms of kicking with both feet".

Um...Sam Mitchell shits on Akermanis from great height when it comes to kicking with both feet. Sam Mitchell is probably the best I've ever seen on both feet. Even better than Bucks was.

You must massively underrate Akermanis, he was deadly from anywhere

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
You must massively underrate Akermanis, he was deadly from anywhere

I'm not saying Akermanis wasn't good on both. He was.

But Mitchell is untouchable. He's so good you can't tell which foot is his natural one.

I'm not saying Akermanis wasn't good on both. He was.

But Mitchell is untouchable. He's so good you can't tell which foot is his natural one.

Aker won a Brownlow and Mitchell has not won 1 yet

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Aker won a Brownlow and Mitchell has not won 1 yet

So that means he's not as good on his left as Aker was?

Interesting logic. So I guess Shane Woewoedin was a better centre half forward than Wayne Carey then.

motr

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
Getting this thread back to Jordan. The more I watch the NAB game against Hawthorn, the more I'm convinced we have picked up an A grader.

Those who don't have him in our best 22 are being extremely conservative.

He will certainly have to deliver in the next couple of games to cement his position, but he's shown enough skill and nous to suggest that this is a more than likely outcome.

I was impressed by his performance in the TAC final, but I've been blown away by his development in an elite training system.

Hine has commented on Jordan's upside given his performance relative to the short period of time he enjoyed as a junior in elite training.

Once again I believe Hine has got it right.

motr

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
Beams for Jordan is a clean swap. What we lose in experience and immediate impact in 2015 will be wiped out in a couple of seasons. Add Greenwood and Crisp to the equation and somehow we've turned a very precarious trade situation into an absolute win.

I'd go as far as suggesting Jordan, Greenwood and Crisp strengthen our home and away team more than the loss of Beams. Come finals time 2015, I might want to trade Beams back in, but I'm honestly not sure, given the loss of Ball.

2016 onwards we'll be significantly in front.

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
All the comparisons between JDG and Beamer or worse still Akker.....the few times I've watched JDG (including the TAC GF) he's looked to me like another blonde tyro I saw once...
Bucks.jpeg
GettyImages_464289532.jpg

Attachments

• degoey-graphicx.jpg
    degoey-graphicx.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back