Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have been standing next you as well. The one thing that stood out for me was how big he is, can only imagine him in 3 years time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah - The games I seen him play. That is Big for a 18 Year Old and you see him at VFL Level sometimes Power Thru Tackles

davywap

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2010
on a chair
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's coming in next week for sure, I'd almost bet my life on it. There just isn't any other reasons left to leave him out. Welcome back to the Seniors JDG.
Looks like Sidey could be back in, who'd be in first if fit then possibly Seedsman and Ramsay. So they have to find 2-4 players to take out from last week to get De Goey in.
So who do we take out? I'd go with
In: Sidebottom, Seedsman, De Goey
Out: Witts, Armstrong, Dwyer

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
He is dominating against men NOW!

He reads the play very well for a kid his age.

Looks like Sidey could be back in, who'd be in first if fit then possibly Seedsman and Ramsay. So they have to find 2-4 players to take out from last week to get De Goey in.
So who do we take out? I'd go with
In: Sidebottom, Seedsman, De Goey
Out: Witts, Armstrong, Dwyer

Bucks said today that Steele is NOT playing this weekend

davywap

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2010
on a chair
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bucks said today that Steele is NOT playing this weekend
Hence the word "could", didn't see Bucks mention this, was it on AFL360? I hate that show and try to avoid it, although I heard Bucks gave Robbo a right whack which would've been good to see.
Anyhoo hopefully De Goey should be in then.

He is dominating against men NOW!

He reads the play very well for a kid his age.
Yeah I don't know about dominating. John McCarthy was bloody good at taking hangers at VFL level, had a strong body, was good in one-on-one contests and had a heap of pace, but he didn't win a lot of the ball and he turned it over by kicking over his targets' heads. I'm very happy with what De Goey has done so far, and it's a shame I didn't get to see his last week's effort when he kicked three goals, but he needs to do more with the ball when he gets it. In that game against the Cats there was plenty of footage of him throwing the ball on the boot while getting scragged, and turning the ball over in space when he had it.

Hence the word "could", didn't see Bucks mention this, was it on AFL360? I hate that show and try to avoid it, although I heard Bucks gave Robbo a right whack which would've been good to see.
Anyhoo hopefully De Goey should be in then.

Yeah I don't know about dominating. John McCarthy was bloody good at taking hangers at VFL level, had a strong body, was good in one-on-one contests and had a heap of pace, but he didn't win a lot of the ball and he turned it over by kicking over his targets' heads. I'm very happy with what De Goey has done so far, and it's a shame I didn't get to see his last week's effort when he kicked three goals, but he needs to do more with the ball when he gets it. In that game against the Cats there was plenty of footage of him throwing the ball on the boot while getting scragged, and turning the ball over in space when he had it.

The Replay of the Dogs game is still up on CTV IF you want to watch it mate.

De Goey is getting more and more of the Ball. Started in the High Teens and now is up in the High 20’s:thumbsu:

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

He has been in the bests in all reserves games so far.....against men!

At that age I think it is a fair effort.

The "throwing the ball on the boot" part I agree with.......but many times he is first to get it from the bounce so I guess he will learn to compose himself a bit better with time. Not sure if McCarthy is a good comparison. I did think McCarthy was a good-average player though.

This kid has got that intangible something about him. Just my opinion but he could be anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd give him number 1 next year.;)

Now...now mattys123 no "hand grenades" in this thread please!

We have enough derailed threads as it is :D

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Big Show's gotta wear 23 for mine, as someone who wears Rocca's number every week to the games.

You could get a new jumper... Pants would love the way this kid goes about his footy.

northpie

All Australian
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
No pressure JDG no expectations on you from Pies fans!
I hope the optimism in this thread comes to fruition, we need another a grader as in short supply at Pies at mom

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
I think we should play him. We keep "saving" our players thinking that they will all be burnt out Josh Fraser style.

This will not happen as Fraser was the only viable alternative.

Play him now and don't make the same mistake we always seem to make and cast doubt into the Club, supporters and player's mind.

popin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers, Craig lowndes
The Big Show's gotta wear 23 for mine, as someone who wears Rocca's number every week to the games.
Yep love it, great call Kilmo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back