Player Watch Lachy Keeffe (Delisted 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

wonder if this is why we felt compelled to take him first... or there was interest from elsewhere.
Bloke as big as Keeffe and as agile there would be interest for certain,3 seasons back before he did his knee he looked like a 200 game player.
2 years suspension is a long time though and we will have to wait and see,I just wish we were able to rookie them next year.

Good selection.

Not even joking, key position defenders proven at AFL level don't grow on trees. If he's keeping Frost out of the team in a year it'll go a long way to determining our success.
I don't see why everyone is so upset about this.

He's 2m tall, proven to be able to break into our best 22 (arguably when we were a better side as well in ~2012).

Imagine if we picked up an unknown 2m tall guy who we knew that he would spend a year 'developing' and we knew for sure would be thereabouts to be a good key position player at AFL level the year after, we would all be stoked

Welcome back Keeffey. Side by side.

I don't see why everyone is so upset about this.

He's 2m tall, proven to be able to break into our best 22 (arguably when we were a better side as well in ~2012).

Imagine if we picked up an unknown 2m tall guy who we knew that he would spend a year 'developing' and we knew for sure would be thereabouts to be a good key position player at AFL level the year after, we would all be stoked

Welcome back Keeffey. Side by side.

Problem with him is hes a drug user. * him off pls

Oh spare me, what are you his mum?

If we had to **** off all players who did a little bit of coke at a festival then there would be no AFL, or at least it would be very boring.
Good. * them off too. Its all fun and games until a loved one winds up in a mental health facility with permanent ongoing issues due to experimenting with a bit of coke. I know. Others know. But most of society still think its harmless fun. You spare me

I would imagine so.

If we felt any other club would be tempted to pull the trigger we'd be wanting to make sure we got in first on what we know is a talent. Mids are a dime a dozen so we went with our preferred option in Josh Smith and then rolled the dice on Thomas.

I can't imagine that that rookie draft went anything other than perfectly to plan for Pies recruiting staff. Very sensible drafting and exactly how I would've played it.
Yes sometimes people forget key position players dont grow on trees.
If say brown njured, keefe sensible back up post 2017.
Nice getting him asap.

Does anyone know if Keefe has a first name?
Looks like a Lachlan to me.
Some random thoughts
Hes a strictly coke zero man.
Too soon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* it. I'm doing coke this weekend in solidarity of Keefe/Thomas and freedom.
Fek you AFL do gooder moral asre hats.

Good. **** them off too. Its all fun and games until a loved one winds up in a mental health facility with permanent ongoing issues due to experimenting with a bit of coke. I know. Others know. But most of society still think its harmless fun. You spare me
It is very highly unlikely that someone would end up in a mental health facility with ongoing issues as a direct result of just casually experimenting with a bit of coke. It very rarely will happen that way. After prolonged use and becoming hooked, yes you can blame the coke. If it happens after some kind of brief experimentation then 9 times out of 10 it is a pre-existing neurological or mental health issue brought to the surface by the drug. FAR more people end up in mental health units due to alcohol... shall we therefore ban it and demonise ALL who partake in a tipple because for some it causes issues? The issue is the same, the question is the same, the only difference is one drug is legal and one isn't. Spare me you ill-thought out morality.

Bombers is interesting. Wonder if they inquired about Witts during the trade period and what they may have been prepared to offer.
They funny those bombers
They'd offer hird packaged with robbo

A little before acceptances perhaps - not like he'll actually be (back) at the club until December 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back