Player Watch Levi Greenwood (Retired 2021)

Well, he is just a fat kid from Mordialloc High School, too busy rolling fat cigarettes and being a Nickelback liker. Luckily someone handed him a business card - the address was the Netherlands.
I'm very happy he signed here for all of the rand and digital televisions that we can offer.

Ketchup

Cancelled
May 9, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Aberdeen FC
His media skills are terrible :(. Hopefully for his sake he is involved in multiple best on grounds in big games such as Anzac day so he can tighten them up a little.

His media skills are terrible :(. Hopefully for his sake he is involved in multiple best on grounds in big games such as Anzac day so he can tighten them up a little.

Who Cares how he Performs in front of the Media. All that matters is how he goes on the footy field

Found it interesting how they kept on talking about Bucks having Confidence in Greenwood.

Did that Mean Brad Scott was not a Big Fan of Greenwood?

Jun 8, 2014
Registered Office of NMFC Supporters of WA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melville City HC, Chicago White Sox
To the best of my knowledge mate, that was not the case.

Levi was on our list for a good few years, only this year did he cement his spot and not only that - was in our best half dozen or so across the season.

Was at his very best when the going was tough in some good wins we had to really grind out and work hard - eg over Freo and WCE both over here, Hawthorn in round 16.

Some people reckon Levi got squeezed out a bit towards the end when we had Wells back, Swallow fully over his late start to the season and Cunnington going gang-busters. But I actually don't buy that - it did get complicated when it was clear he hadn't re-signed, and then there was much talk about the how much he was getting offered, were we looking at Waite and Higgins, etc etc. No point going over all that ground again but I don't think his spot in the team suffered one jot.

But if Bon Scott has any whipping boys, or players who maybe have to work a bit harder than the rest to get a game (and I'm not making any admissions on any of that) I really don't think Levi was in that category.

Comes across as shy. Terrible media skills would be him sitting there potting NM for various reasons. In fact someone who had terrible media skills and until recently played for the Pies was Mr. Beams himself.

I'd rather he was quiet and said nothing, than was extroverted and dribbled nonsense.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
cheers mate, just a quick question, how big of a loss will he be for your boys, or is there a replacement that will slot straight in?

I'll miss Levi and he's a great get for you guys but inside mids is a position we are stocked to the teeth with (to the point where we rest one of Ziebell and Cunnington forward nearly all the time). I'd expect Trent Dumont, who is kind of a carbon copy of Levi but younger to make a claim on his spot.

Reckon Levi will do well for you guys but I don't know if he's a frontline game in game out midfielder. He still did a lot of run with for us even this year.

Really keen to see how it pans out.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll miss Levi and he's a great get for you guys but inside mids is a position we are stocked to the teeth with (to the point where we rest one of Ziebell and Cunnington forward nearly all the time). I'd expect Trent Dumont, who is kind of a carbon copy of Levi but younger to make a claim on his spot.

Reckon Levi will do well for you guys but I don't know if he's a frontline game in game out midfielder. He still did a lot of run with for us even this year.

Really keen to see how it pans out.
Thanks for the input Adam, the interesting thing is he probably left because of a combination of knowing he would always be behind Z and Cunno plus a pretty sh1tty contract offer. Perhaps his performances haven't been earth shaking but if he's not getting full quality onball time and when he does it's as a second or third option then perhaps there are solid reasons for his less than elite performances - just saying.

Anyway thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for the imput Adam, the interesting thing is he probably left because of a combination of knowing he would always be behind Z and Cunno plus a pretty sh1tty contract offer. Perhaps his performances haven't been earth shaking but if he's not getting full quality onball time and when he does it's as a second or third option then perhaps there are solid reasons for his less than elite performances - just saying.

Anyway thanks again.

Well, We get a better Idea when he be 1 of out Best Mids next season. Though been reported that Brad Scott was not a Fan of his

Wooljay

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2009
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal

Ketchup

Cancelled
May 9, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Aberdeen FC
Good to see we're a destination club even while we're mid-table.

North sure shot themselves in the foot by trying to play hardball and getting Levi offside early.

All the North supporters are going to bleat about him being a money hungry mercanary while they jack it over Higgins and Waite.

Laughable.
norf fans are funny. They make finals once in 400 years and think they are the greatest club in the world. Going to hate to see the reality check next year when they miss it.

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
North fans are funny. They make finals once in 400 years and think they are the greatest club in the world. Going to hate to see the reality check next year when they miss it.
Surely North are finals bound in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wooljay

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2009
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Surely North are finals bound in 2015.

They had a walk over draw this season, will get a much harder one next year and won't have Essendon falling over in the first final and an injury ravaged Geelong in the next.

They'll make the 8 but won't go much further. Don't see much improvement in their list, and players like Petrie, Harvey, Wells, Thompson, Thomas, and Firrito have no where to go but down form wise.

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
They had a walk over draw this season, will get a much harder one next year and won't have Essendon falling over in the first final and an injury ravaged Geelong in the next.

They'll make the 8 but won't go much further. Don't see much improvement in their list, and players like Petrie, Harvey, Wells, Thompson, Thomas, and Firrito have no where to go but down form wise.
Agree they are probably not premiership favourites but to suggest they won't make top 8 seemed a little OTT, that's all.

North fans are funny. They make finals once in 400 years and think they are the greatest club in the world. Going to hate to see the reality check next year when they miss it.

and When they should be the Hobart Kangaroos;)

Good to see we're a destination club even while we're mid-table.

North sure shot themselves in the foot by trying to play hardball and getting Levi offside early.

All the North supporters are going to bleat about him being a money hungry mercanary while they jack it over Higgins and Waite.

Laughable.

We still have not got a Star to come to Club. Best been Adams who is a Gun Kid and Greenwood who had 1 Big season at AFL Level

This thread and the argument about who got the better deal out of this won't be settled until next season when we see if Levi backs up this season performance wise. Really at the moment it's a moot argument that will go no where.

Myself, I'm looking forward to seeing him build on this season with more opportunity.

Wooljay

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2009
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
We still have not got a Star to come to Club. Best been Adams who is a Gun Kid and Greenwood who had 1 Big season at AFL Level

How many stars are ever on the move? I'd argue that no 'stars' even came to any Victorian clubs this offseason, and we've gotten our fair few in the past.

How many stars are ever on the move? I'd argue that no 'stars' even came to any Victorian clubs this offseason, and we've gotten our fair few in the past.

Was quite a Few this year:

• Ryder
  • Griffin
  • Boyd
  • Trengove(Nearlly)

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dave your perception of Collingwood history is a little faulty m8.

Cast your mind back to the 1990 season and remember the names RUSSEL, FRANCIS AND STARCEVITCH.

The tremendous trio from over the border, none of them superstars but my oh my they made the difference that got us over the line that year for a famous flag my friend.

Russel's chase down of Essendon's Bewick between forward pocket and half forward flank resulted in a goal and a huge lift in team and supporter morale - I was there and saw and felt it m8! His link work and fine kicking were wonderful all season.

Francis had such electrifying pace he just ripped teams open.

As for Starcevich his marking and kicking ensured Sheedy sent a man out to smash him out of the game - too late for them fortunately. :)

Wooljay

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2009
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Was quite a Few this year:

• Ryder
  • Griffin
  • Boyd
  • Trengove(Nearlly)

Apart from Boyd none of then came to Victoria or even moved.

Boyd wasn't even an interest for us, and we were never going to spend the money and give him the contract length the Bullies are.

Dave your perception of Collingwood history is a little faulty m8.

Cast your mind back to the 1990 season and remember the names RUSSEL, FRANCIS AND STARCEVITCH.

The tremendous trio from over the border, none of them superstars but my oh my they made the difference that got us over the line that year for a famous flag my friend.
Russel's chase down of Essendon's Bewick between forward pocket and half forward flank resulted in a goal and a huge lift in team and supporter morale - I was there and saw and felt it m8! His link work and fine kicking were wonderful all season.

Francis had such electrifying pace he just ripped teams open.

As for Starcevich his marking and kicking ensured Sheedy sent a man out to smash him out of the game - too late for them fortunately. :)

I am not talking about the 90's I am more talking in the last few years and when FA Started

Back