Welcome to Collingwood Tom Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

I like those highlights, looks like he makes quick and smart decisions ball in hand, with good footskills to top it up both in field and goal kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best available on my draft board! And a selection we out and out nailed!

And took Phillips a few weeks back in the bigfooty phantom draft and love his game. Below is my brief bio of Phillips.

Tom Phillips
(VIC – MID/FWD)
Height: 184cm, Weight: 74kg, DOB: 07/05/1996
Recruited from: Oakleigh Chargers
Brief bio: Phillips is an overager who has come back this season and really elevated his play significantly. He has played mostly through the midfield, both outside and inside, and also has the ability to push forward or back as required. Phillips has clean and reliable skills, consistently making good decisions with ball in hand and demonstrating good vision finding good targets up the ground. His numbers have been strong throughout the season and he has a good balance between finding the outside ball and winning the contested ball. Athletically he is above average, and what most stands out athletically with Phillips is his sidestep which he uses very well in game with ball in hand to give himself more time and space. Through the season and particularly through the finals Phillips showed a real knack for getting forward and hitting the scoreboard, and averaging more than a goal a game. His tackling ability is sound. He also in his one VFL appearance this year appeared in the bests for Port Melbourne which is another tick. Phillips overall is not overwhelmingly great in any one area but has an overall exceptionally well rounded game and the production to make a case for himself.
I remembered this report, very pleased. Great work

If there's anyone who he's like it would be a Sam Mitchell. As there pace is similar and they both have a good side step. Kicking within 40 meters is good. Pace does lack but is smart. Good pick in the 60's very excited to have him

And what a fine kicking action

I like how quickly he makes decisions in traffic and under pressure. Nicely weighted left foot.

Plenty to like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back