Delisted #34: Jake Long - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Only have 1 more pick in the rookie draft apparently? Might just be Essendon VFL for Long as I'd say we'll take a Ruckman.
No. This way:

Thurlow out; ruckman in
Dell'Olio out; Aylett in
Ambrose out; Long in

Going by Dodoro's interview I'm quite sure we'll take him.

After watching the interview with disco they're going Tippa and Long in the rookie draft. I can feel it in my loins

I really I hope this guy is worth drafting. With limited spots, I'd hate to think we are picking up someone just because he's a son of a champ.

I've seen a few people ask is he any good with no real answers. So is he any good?

Disco wouldn't take him if he wasn't committed and had talent or at the least potential talent. Our recruiting in the past 3-4 years has been first class.

I think that's a really good thing.

I love guys who study or work while playing AFL. Possibly study needs to be put on the backburner for the first two years if you are a fringe player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love guys who study or work while playing AFL. Possibly study needs to be put on the backburner for the first two years if you are a fringe player.

Yeah completely agree. Obviously gives players an opportunity to get educated and start planning for a life after football, but also gives them a break from the pressure of AFL life.

Welcome to EFC - Jake Long!

Essendon FC ‏@EssendonFC 14m14 minutes ago
We're happy to announce that Jake Long will #DonTheSash in 2015! He'll talk to the media shortly.

And some gold from Long the Elder

Essendon FC ‏@EssendonFC 7m7 minutes ago
M.Long: "Jake comes from pretty good stock."

For those without twitter:
Essendon FC ‏@EssendonFC 16m16 minutes ago
M.Long: "We're pretty proud of what Jake's achieved...to be rookie listed by a club that's a big part of my life is a proud moment."

M.Long: "He always strived to be a part of this club. He has worked hard for it and has done it all on his own. I couldn't ask for more."

M.Long: "Jake comes from pretty good stock."

M.Long: "He always tells me he is quicker than me. He plays a bit of a utility role, which is great."

J.Long: "I was excited with the news. Ever since I was a kid, I loved the club. I didn't want to be anywhere else."

J.Long: "I try to model my game after Dad, but I do want to make my own way."

J.Long: "I bleed black and red. I only want to be here."

M.Long: "Hopefully what this club has meant for me will rub off on Jake."

Dodoro: "One of the wonderful initiatives of the AFL is allowing the sons of past champions to join the club."

Dodoro: "There were two kids that stuck out when we first started the JHA. Joe Daniher was one and Jake was the other."

Dodoro: "The good thing about Jake is that he has stepped up since he has been at the club. He has shown his skills."

Dodoro: "After a full pre-season, there is no limitation as to what could happen in 2015."

Essendon FC ‏@EssendonFC 5m5 minutes ago
That's it for this afternoon. Full vision up shortly on http://efc.com.au

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back