Delisted #34: Jake Long - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah & looks like he doesnt panic, finds time to make the right decision is always a good sign
Has the same loping/surprising pace of Dempsey from the limited footage there too.

But I do love a good handball. Jobe and Corey Enright are the two modern greats of handballing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure Long would go for that. Getting paid less as a rookie. If he was taken at pick 70, then maybe.

M Long wouldn't give a s**t about $10,000 - $20,000 if it means his son was playing for the team he loves so much, and Long would love being able to help the club get a little gift in the process.

Essendon support M Longs company to no end. He wouldn't care if Jake is a rookie.

Watching the videos on the website, M Long looked so proud, I can't wait for the young fella to get his 1st game, the interviews with M Long will be awesome.

Disagree with above. Find it very hard Long he would agree to go on rookie if he deserves to be on senior list just out of the goodness of his heart and live for the Bombers.

Disagree with above. Find it very hard Long he would agree to go on rookie if he deserves to be on senior list just out of the goodness of his heart and live for the Bombers.

Anyone could have drafted him, that alone clearly means he doesn't deserve to be on a senior list on exposed form.

Whether the amount of exposed form has been manipulated by the club is another issue entirely, and I've long suspected we've pulled an enormous fast one here

Anyone could have drafted him, that alone clearly means he doesn't deserve to be on a senior list on exposed form.

Whether the amount of exposed form has been manipulated by the club is another issue entirely, and I've long suspected we've pulled an enormous fast one here

Will almost call it draft tampering ;)

From the limited vision, I query his kicking action. Everything else looks good.

From the limited vision, I query his kicking action. Everything else looks good.

I was quite surprised by your comment so I re-watched the footage.

Do not see any query at all. Kicks the ball like the natural that his bloodlines suggest he is. He's all arms and legs so his elbow is quite bent when he kicks but it all flows (he kicks almost without breaking stride).

Geez I'd laugh if he turned out to have been kept on ice so he didn't cost us a high pick.

Our "governance" sanctions ruled us out from father sons this year no???

We wouldn't have been able to secure him at all if a club higher up wanted him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back