Official Club Stuff Ask GCFC Digital. Be respectful and appreciative

Remove this Banner Ad

GCFC Digital - I inboxed you but thought I might as well just put my idea here for the world to see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not sure if you do the highlights packages. If so, props! They are top shelf

Thinking of an idea to get us through bye round if you can get one knocked together.

Coming off our probably best win ever, how about a package which shows us from our early days (maybe even TAC/VFL days) not just focusing on our highs but some of our dramatic lows. From our first game flogging from Carlton to that Essendon game (90 odd points down at 1/4 time). But with bits of our first win and first Q-clash and our Collingwood and Carlton wins. Don't forget the K goals!

I reckon it would be an epic video which will help the SUNS fans relive the emotions of the journey from 2009 onwards. Please make it happen :D

One day I am going to get round to making this mega video of our humble beginnings to now with detailed highlights and descriptions of all our key players' origins/journey. Just need to learn how to make videos, source footage and get off my lazy arse.

Hey GCFC Official, do you know if the club has any plans to install electronic sponsorship boards at Metricon? I've noticed them at Adelaide Oval (see pic below), Etihad and the SCG. I think it looks really good and would love to see them at Metricon one day. Any chance?

10320997_10152161152878882_8286097455339822718_o.jpg

You would think that the technology wouldn't be too expensive by now and you wouldn't have to replace the metal sheet signage year after year, Even if it's just on the upper deck it would be an upgrade IMO. I will admit that the current signage gives me a lot of nostalgia of watching and playing footy (albeit the wrong code) at local ovals all over the place.

One day I hope we can look like that picture... Just in Red and Gold rather than Black and Teal.

i'd rather the money go towards new training facilities. electronic signage looks good but how much is it really going to help us? need to think of priorities at the current stage.

i'd rather the money go towards new training facilities. electronic signage looks good but how much is it really going to help us? need to think of priorities at the current stage.

You'd be surprised at how cheap it is. Especially with the point BRM made about not having to change it. The signage can be used for every event. Footy, Cricket, Big Day Out, Jehovas Witness conferences. Whatever they want. So i'm all for it

You'd be surprised at how cheap it is. Especially with the point BRM made about not having to change it. The signage can be used for every event. Footy, Cricket, Big Day Out, Jehovas Witness conferences. Whatever they want. So i'm all for it
I'd rather the Gold Coast Guards cricket team over rocking up at Metricon at 6:30 in the morning and asking the Jehovas if they've accepted Gary Ablett as their Lord and Savior but I'm glad someone agrees with me. :thumbsu:

hello
just reading his article made me remember what a cool riff the 7 nation army song is.

http://www.watoday.com.au/travel/tr...ts-white-stripes-hit-song-20140513-38719.html

the article says that the melb victory used to play it after a goal.
i dont want to copy someone, but... perhaps the riff (from instrumental version) can be played at the end of each quarter straight after the siren, ie qtr time, half time and three qtr time?
just a few bars.

thoughts?

Billy ray, the Miami Heat in the NBA often use that song during games and in their team introduction (see video below). The crowd will often sing along to the riff as you can hear at the start of this video below.

Billy ray, the Miami Heat in the NBA often use that song during games and in their team introduction (see video below). The crowd will often sing along to the riff as you can hear at the start of this video below.

Roma fans started singing that pretty much right after the song came out. Just popped out of nowhere in the states, everyone sings it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be in the club's best interests to switch to electronic signage considering they receive all the profits from the stadium signage advertising.

Hey GCFC Official, do you know if the club has any plans to install electronic sponsorship boards at Metricon? I've noticed them at Adelaide Oval (see pic below), Etihad and the SCG. I think it looks really good and would love to see them at Metricon one day. Any chance?

10320997_10152161152878882_8286097455339822718_o.jpg
Hey mate, wow that looks awesome! Would definitely boost the premium match-day experience already on offer at Metricon Stadium! ]

@seantobin_gcfc

Hey mate, wow that looks awesome! Would definitely boost the premium match-day experience already on offer at Metricon Stadium!
I'm going to assume your comment means you haven't heard anything on that front. Hopefully the club has at least looked into it. I remember last year all the finals venues had electronic signage (including Kardinia Park) so maybe a maiden finals appearance for the club will make it a reality at Metricon.

Hey everybody,

It is with great pleasure that I announce GCFC Digital officially joined on board as a co-club official of the Gold Coast SUNS.

Kieron has recently made the switch from AFL Headquarters to spearhead our digital platforms - I'm sure you have all already noticed the increased quality of our digital coverage.

Because of this, it only makes sense that he also has a presence on the SUNS biggest fan forum online!

While I will still be here to answer all your questions regarding our players, coaching staff and administration, GCFC Digital will also be here to answer or listen to any ideas you may have for our game-day broadcast, social media campaigns or website coverage.

I'm sure you will all make him (@kieronturner) feel welcome.

are you able to shed any light if the club plans on auctioning the match worn jerseys a few weeks back where the players names were on the back?? also, it could be a good marketing idea to sell jerseys (non match worn) with name n number on the back - only for a certain few players.. ablett is a no brainer but maybe a couple more as well..
-the swans and tigers do sell jerseys with players names on the back... franklin was one that i can remember off the top of my head.

are you able to shed any light if the club plans on auctioning the match worn jerseys a few weeks back where the players names were on the back?? also, it could be a good marketing idea to sell jerseys (non match worn) with name n number on the back - only for a certain few players.. ablett is a no brainer but maybe a couple more as well..
-the swans and tigers do sell jerseys with players names on the back... franklin was one that i can remember off the top of my head.

Later in the year

Hey GCFC Official, I noticed one of the family day activities for this weekend is a mechanical football. Not sure if I had any bearing on that given I suggested a mechanical surfboard to GCFC Digital a few months ago. Either way, I think it's really awesome the effort the club is putting into the family day. Not sure why any Gold Coast parent wouldn't want to take their kids.

Hey GCFC Digital, I know you probably already have it worked out for this week but I was thinking the Favourite Suns episode this week could be based on the target up the river end and what the players thought of it. This is what I mean if you don't know what I'm talking about:

ysfsTBT.jpg

Hey GCFC Digital, I know you probably already have it worked out for this week but I was thinking the Favourite Suns episode this week could be based on the target up the river end and what the players thought of it. This is what I mean if you don't know what I'm talking about:

ysfsTBT.jpg

Hey mate, Favourite SUNS this week will be based around the Ladies Lunch that's happening on Wednesday but I'll ask some of the boys during the week if they saw the target and what they thought of it!

Hey mate, Favourite SUNS this week will be based around the Ladies Lunch that's happening on Wednesday but I'll ask some of the boys during the week if they saw the target and what they thought of it!
Awesome! I thought you would have already had plans for Fav Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back