Official Club Stuff Ask GCFC Digital. Be respectful and appreciative

Remove this Banner Ad

How surprised do you I think I was when I returned from the bar at half time to find out from 30 people that myself and my girl had a congratulations on your engagement message on the scoreboard. Missed it :(

I know who organised it though is a reader but non poster on this board, so thank you VERY much for organising that! Means a lot :D

Hey GCFC Digital, I just watched the Matera family tree video on the club website and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think a similar video on Rory Thompson and his family connection with Southport Sharks legend Bret Thompson would be a great idea for a similar type of video. I don't think many people know how closely linked the Thompson family is to Gold Coast footy and I think it'd be great to profile him because he is probably the closest the club is going to get to a father-son pick for at least the next decade. Not to mention the fact that he was there from the very start.

In fact, I think videos on the local guys such as Andrew Boston and Jared Ellis would really interest the Gold Coast community and perhaps prompt them to feel more of a sense of pride in the Suns being a Gold Coast team. I'm not so sure the average Gold Coaster is aware that there is a local presence in the team so that is probably the main reason for my suggestions.

Great suggestions, definitely think those would be worth doing! As you can imagine there are a million and one things to do at the moment but we'll see if we can knock over at least one of those before the end of the season.

Welcome GCFC Digital

I really enjoyed the street beat video you guys did in the lead up to the Fremantle game and I'd love to see you guys do a Gold Coast version through Cavill Avenue in Surfers Paradise in the lead up to the Hawthorn game this weekend. I know it'll be harder to find AFL fans here than in Fremantle but I think it'd be great to hear from the Gold Coast public before we take on the reigning premiers this weekend.

Thanks GC2015, I'm not sure if we'll have the time to knock that off this week but thanks for the feedback, it's a good idea. Could be something we try later in the year.

If logistics allow it, I'm looking at doing a live chat on goldcoastfc.com.au from 5pm with inside coverage of the Steven May tribunal hearing.

Is this something you'd all be interested in?
Absolutely.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah didn't mind Thunderstruck blazing out as I was walking in on Saturday. Gotta give the "Aussie" bands priority, and besides I can remember I had to watch the Sweet Child O' Mine video a few times before I figured out Axel Rose was a bloke. Never had that problem with Angus or Bon Scott. Maybe some more reggae
Like Bob Marley's "Sun is Shining" to chill out at the aftermatch. Sorry, probably getting a bit of topic. Doing a great job boys keep it up.
I agree on AC/DC though, Definitely some of the better stadium music are done by Aussie bands.

My only suggestion would be that if we are down at 3qtr time that we play Journey's Don't Stop Believing. I'll probably get universally dumped on for it but from what I've seen the Red Wings fans get behind it over in the NHL and it would be like nothing else blasting that out in a close game to pump the electricity up a notch. (y)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Excellent. Just waiting to hear back about what the arrangements are.. hopefully let you know soon what we'll be able to do!

We can post a video of us singing a free Maysie protest song if it helps haha

Brilliant SUNS, love it! I've showed GCFC Official who is equally impressed.

We're scheduled in for the 5:45PM hearing with the AFL Tribunal so the live chat will commence at 5:30PM on goldcoastfc.com.au.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back