• Grug

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Mr G

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I see him more forward with spells on the outside as a mid, not that he cant get his own but once he is on the burst he is really hard to bring down, maybe Robbie Gray but perhaps without the ability overhead of Gray although he is alright. Sticks compares him to a better version of Ben Kennedy and I agree. Ben Kennedy went around no19 in his draft year and showed a bit for Collingwood this year as a forward with some mid time (2nd year on list). Totally different cat to Ben K though, but they are both Glenelg juniors. PS I am not saying he is or will be Robbie Gray but he could play a similar role, but I rate him seriously.
Thanks for the insight. Great avatar, and if it's your car... more props to you!

Being a Panthers' fan myself, I've been a keen and avid follower of Caleb Daniel's the last 24 months. Given my obvious bias towards him, I was REALLY hoping that we drafted him at pick #47. Since the doggies took him the pick before ours, we'll never know whether Geelong would have pulled the trigger on Caleb or not. Alas, he's a Bulldog now, so I'll turn my focus to the draftees that Geelong drafted.

It seems as though people in the know, like your good self who've seen Gregson play for some time now, can't stop raving about him. I remember the seniors game earlier in the year between Glenelg and South Adelaide which Gregson played in. I don't recall much about him as he just blended in at the time. Having said that though, it's no small feat for any 17 year old to crack into a senior state league side against fully grown men, talent notwithstanding. So the boy can obviously play!

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight. Great avatar, and if it's your car... more props to you!

Being a Panthers' fan myself, I've been a keen and avid follower of Caleb Daniel's the last 24 months. Given my obvious bias towards him, I was REALLY hoping that we drafted him at pick #47. Since the doggies took him the pick before ours, we'll never know whether Geelong would have pulled the trigger on Caleb or not. Alas, he's a Bulldog now, so I'll turn my focus to the draftees that Geelong drafted.

It seems as though people in the know, like your good self who've seen Gregson play for some time now, can't stop raving about him. I remember the seniors game earlier in the year between Glenelg and South Adelaide which Gregson played in. I don't recall much about him as he just blended in at the time. Having said that though, it's no small feat for any 17 year old to crack into a senior state league side against fully grown men, talent notwithstanding. So the boy can obviously play!

That's my take on the young SA boys we've picked up, it's only the cream that'll boast a consistent if any senior record as well, like Dunstan and Aish.

Last edited:

OK like Geelong Grammar or College, or perhaps StKevin's up in Melb would be a better comaprison. Do they get a Sporting scholarship?

Sacred Heart don't give out scholarships. But they do attract gun footballers e.g. Mackie, Rivers, Hartlett, Pavlich, both Cornes, Jack Redden, etc.

OK like Geelong Grammar or College, or perhaps StKevin's up in Melb would be a better comaprison. Do they get a Sporting scholarship?

Strangled Cat sounds like a long suffering South supporter, a club that has no major private school in its recruiting zone. Sacred Heart College is the biggest school in SA with respect to enrolled boys from Year 6 to Year 12, and has been for some years. Yes there are some parents who will send their lad to Sacred Heart due to the perception that it will be good for their footy but for most it is simply due to the lad having Catholic parent/parents and that SH is the closest Catholic school. Being a Catholic school means that middle class families can afford to send their kids because it is a third of the cost compared to the elite schools. The school offers no scholarships to locally based students, however I believe some talented country lads may get some sort of leg up with boarding fees. Sacred Heart has provided a large amount of drafted players over the last 15 years but that is just as much based on weight of numbers rather than due to targeting star junior players like some of the elite Victorian schools and a couple of schools in Adelaide that have full fees of about $25K per year compared to Sacred Hearts $8K.

Sacred Heart College is the private school in Adelaide for talented kids to go and play footy. If they're lucky, they may get an education, too.

St Pats in Ballarat is THE football school gents... they have won the Herald Sun shield between the top footy schools in the state the last 4 years or something..... mind you that doesn't put them against other states so not really a good claim.. but the Ballarat paper is happy to run with it!

Also I am led to believe with most of these footy schools the education side is just a bonus if they get anything from it ;)

Sacred Heart College is the private school in Adelaide for talented kids to go and play footy. If they're lucky, they may get an education, too.
Rostrevor College wants to see you at the debating table. :cool:

They'd lose but they still want to have the debate.

St. Michaels and Prince Alfred also might want to join in the discussion (again, they'll likely come up short).

But in recent times, Henley High School goes OK for the public school system and Geelong has a couple of their graduates on the list in McCarthy and now Stanley

Strangled Cat sounds like a long suffering South supporter, a club that has no major private school in its recruiting zone. Sacred Heart College is the biggest school in SA with respect to enrolled boys from Year 6 to Year 12, and has been for some years. Yes there are some parents who will send their lad to Sacred Heart due to the perception that it will be good for their footy but for most it is simply due to the lad having Catholic parent/parents and that SH is the closest Catholic school. Being a Catholic school means that middle class families can afford to send their kids because it is a third of the cost compared to the elite schools. The school offers no scholarships to locally based students, however I believe some talented country lads may get some sort of leg up with boarding fees. Sacred Heart has provided a large amount of drafted players over the last 15 years but that is just as much based on weight of numbers rather than due to targeting star junior players like some of the elite Victorian schools and a couple of schools in Adelaide that have full fees of about $25K per year compared to Sacred Hearts $8K.
We're all long suffering supporters, us South fans. I certainly hope that you realise my comments about SHC were tongue in cheek and not intended to be a slight on its academic standards.

Rostrevor College wants to see you at the debating table. :cool:

They'd lose but they still want to have the debate.

St. Michaels and Prince Alfred also might want to join in the discussion (again, they'll likely come up short).

But in recent times, Henley High School goes OK for the public school system and Geelong has a couple of their graduates on the list in McCarthy and now Stanley
There's a few good private schools in SA, but SHC seems to be consistently the best. They generally have the wood over Assumption College, who are no pushovers, in the annual game between the two colleges.

P.s. I didn't realise Stanley was even from SA! So that's another croweater on our list!

P.s. I didn't realise Stanley was even from SA! So that's another croweater on our list!
Yeah, he is from the Riverland originally.

Played for West Adelaide.

Anyway, I've taken this thread off on a tangent.

I rate Caleb too, just a tad unsure about that height at afl level as a full time mid, but it can be done, Prestia is short for a mid at 174, that's 2 inches smaller but I wish him all the luck in the world (CD that is, i hope he proves everyone wrong)

I had no idea who Corey Gregson was so I watched his video.
My first impressions were :-
He is well balanced and stays on his feet
Remains focused on getting the ball even when bumped
He is aware of the players around him and used the ball well.
He has good disposal skills by hand and foot.
He has great speed and prepared to run and carry
Rushes at times under pressure with quick and hope.
After watching his video 4 times
I was still trying to determine why Wells drafted him.
I thought he was a product of the usual state championship
Just a good ordinary player.
Not the usual left field hidden gem I was hoping for
However reading about his gymnastics background
Especially comments by those who know him first hand
His core strength and dedication
It is very likely I had underestimated him.
I hope he is one of those very good players opponents underestimate
... and he makes them pay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a 100% strike record with Coreys.
Hope the lack of "e" is not ssential.
Keep 'em comin', hey, Vdubs?
There were a couple who slipped through our fingers in the draft but I'd reckon there's going to be a huge amount of Coreys coming online in about 10 years' time- plenty to choose from. After all, there'd be a lot of parents in Geelong naming their little boys "Corey" in recent years.

Keep 'em comin', hey, Vdubs?
There were a couple who slipped through our fingers in the draft but I'd reckon there's going to be a huge amount of Coreys coming online in about 10 years' time- plenty to choose from. After all, there'd be a lot of parents in Geelong naming their little boys "Corey" in recent years.
Coreys, Jimmys, Tommys, Mattys and Stevies

Yep- some big decisions to be made in many households, I'm sure!!
What are the name of our future father-sons?
Monty, Alfie...?
Should we adjourn to our other room? Bavardier?

Bloody impressed with Cory's routine -

the Russian judges gives it

hqdefault.jpg

Back