List Mgmt. Dean Gore (former pick 55) Traded to AFC in PD deal

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Gore was the value pick IMO this draft for the Cats. He just needs to find the pill more. He can really hurt the opposition.

His kicking is very good and has decent depth. Plus he has that quick speed over the first 10-15m to create space, never goes to ground, and has decent endurance for a solid type.

Welcome.

Last edited:

benji2

Club Legend
May 19, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Sheffield Wednesday
I was hoping for Dean, a little like Luke Dunstan very big bodied young man, great pick up at P55.
Plays quality footy in senior company already, SANFL.

Good pickup, has not only played SANFL but SANFL finals - and kicked a couple of goals in them. See if you can find the SANFL Qualifying final v Norwood or the SANFL 1st semi vs South.

I must say this is the pick that I am most excited about. He seems to me to be someone who clubs may have overlooked due to not having enough "upside" but sometimes these players have a game that translates well into AFL footy and end up being better at the next level than many people may think, and quite quickly aswell.

Wells has been critisised on this board at times for taking project players that take too long to develop but with Nakia Cockatoo and now Dean Gore we could potentially have 2 midfielders that are pretty much ready to go at the next level. No doubt there is a strategy behind this with some of our veterans coming towards the end.

Whopper32

Senior List
Jun 23, 2008
Brunswick
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Leeds United
Of the three highlight packages of our draftees he impressed me the most. Good size and (18yr old) strength against his contemporaries. Seems to have good hands overhead but his kicking was what stuck out for me. Every kick they showed hit a target (unlike the other two) even under pressure...including the ugly but lace out leftie!

What did I say Pure_Ownage !! Thought he may drop (should have included him in my draft comp..)

Honestly i thought he would go second round.

Inside midfielder who has been good at senior level but still has good disposal by foot.steal and my favourite of our picks. I think unlike most geelong draftees he will play a fair bit of senior footy in his first year.

DanA

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2006
Richmond
AFL Club
Geelong
Honestly i thought he would go second round.

Inside midfielder who has been good at senior level but still has good disposal by foot.steal and my favourite of our picks. I think unlike most geelong draftees he will play a fair bit of senior footy in his first year.

Seems a lot like Rory Sloane. His appetite for tackling, the way he attacks the footy and his seemingly cleanness on the ball looks a great combination. I also think he'll play but I think he still needs to put on 3-4 kgs. He does look strong and quite ripped but a bit wiry.

meto

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 3, 2008
south-east
AFL Club
Geelong
Good pickup, has not only played SANFL but SANFL finals - and kicked a couple of goals in them. See if you can find the SANFL Qualifying final v Norwood or the SANFL 1st semi vs South.

Thanks benji2, ...I'm wrapped he's coming, and I'm probably sounding a little understating but with your draft fancies it's best not to go over the top altogether, for me it's maybe harder than some.
I've checked him out quite often, actually found myself going back over his vid and stats, I think I did see him in those finals but I'll find so time to refresh. I'm really excited about him and see a little Michael Voss there and recently Luke Dunstan. Love the SA. Cheers.
Hunts the ball, strong bodied, strong mark with a long and precision passing game.

Last edited:

benji2

Club Legend
May 19, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Sheffield Wednesday
would you say he is a bit vanilla ?

Haven't quite seen enough of him to make that call. He can take a mark which is a plus. His kicking style is a bit awkward I grant you but it seems to be effective enough. But if you can kick 2 goals at 18 against the hard bodies of two of the better SANFL tams in finals, you're doing something right.

meto

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 3, 2008
south-east
AFL Club
Geelong
Haven't quite seen enough of him to make that call. He can take a mark which is a plus. His kicking style is a bit awkward I grant you but it seems to be effective enough. But if you can kick 2 goals at 18 against the hard bodies of two of the better SANFL tams in finals, you're doing something right.

B2, have you seen Gregson up close?

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
As with a few others, I was most impressed with Gore's highlights package out of all of our new draftees - though I came away from watching it impressed that he doesn't seem to waste a disposal, which doesn't reconcile with a few concerns on here that he blazes away too often to no one. I might have to watch it again tonight.

In any case, he looks to me to be as good a mid as you can expect to find at pick 55 and looks to have a decent inside/outside balance. Also liked his marking ability - seems to be pretty good overhead, which I love in a midfielder (Bartel, Fyfe etc). Not to mention one of the best surnames in the AFL!

Back