List Mgmt. Welcome to Geelong Nakia Cockatoo - National Draft selection no. 10

Well that explains it, wasn't aware you new Petracca. I probably shouldn't of jumped down your throat like that.

I misinterpreted your post, i should of realized you were better than that. Sorry and thanks for explaining.
He was at Eastern Ranges, precocious footy and basketball talent. From all reports he was flying at Demonland. No signs of burnout at all.
As you say, these ACL's can occur at any stage-Petracca/Boyd hardly 19-20, Ablett senior at 33ish.
Some were comparing Cocky's development with GAJ, at the same stage, and I remember telling a few here on BF I thought Petracca was ready to go a year ago.
At the end of the day, looks like we have a beauty. My only fear for NC is that he hardly played last year, but I'm sure they won't over-use him. Then again, Selwood came in with limited footy the year before, and hasn't missed a beat.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
He was at Eastern Ranges, precocious footy and basketball talent. From all reports he was flying at Demonland. No signs of burnout at all.
As you say, these ACL's can occur at any stage-Petracca/Boyd hardly 19-20, Ablett senior at 33ish.
Some were comparing Cocky's development with GAJ, at the same stage, and I remember telling a few here on BF I thought Petracca was ready to go a year ago.
At the end of the day, looks like we have a beauty. My only fear for NC is that he hardly played last year, but I'm sure they won't over-use him. Then again, Selwood came in with limited footy the year before, and hasn't missed a beat.
Fingers crossed that Petracca can come back as strong as ever, hate seeing kids get hurt like that. Lets also hope that NC has an injury free career.

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
Am I the only one who has watched the video of Nakia's supergoal about 6,494 times already?

I am so excited to see him live in the flesh for the first time on Sunday.

Haven't been this excited about one of our new recruits since Selwood and we all know how that turned out.

vinum coupe

Cancelled
10k Posts Ruby Geelong Cats - Travis Varcoe 2012 Player Sponsor
Aug 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Aussie cricket team
Am I the only one who has watched the video of Nakia's supergoal about 6,494 times already?

I am so excited to see him live in the flesh for the first time on Sunday.

Haven't been this excited about one of our new recruits since Selwood and we all know how that turned out.
I've only seen it 3 times. But I can't get the kick out of my head.
Does anyone know if there was a wind?

I've always said kids don't develop good length until around the age of 22. (Assuming injury free pre seasons)
If there was no wind he'll end up being a massive kick at full tilt.

I've always said kids don't develop good length until around the age of 22. (Assuming injury free pre seasons)
I was sitting down that end of the ground and there was hardly any wind at all. A tiny bit maybe, but nothing to really speak of.

Does it sound bad if I say that I haven't seen that goal yet? :oops:

I was overseas on holidays last week, but for whatever reason at the last minute decided to have foxtel record the match - now just got to find time to watch the match & that goal (sounds like on reply a whole lot also) in between work & sleep.

I think that was the thing I liked most because he was running at good clip, hit the ball clean and it didn't seem to deviate while going through post high.

Super balance and great hand-eye coordination.

Fairly sure Clark was looking for him with the tap but hard to tell with Selwood there as well. I just wonder whether Clark saw him out of the corner of his eye cutting behind him.

Last edited:

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Does it sound bad if I say that I haven't seen that goal yet? :oops:

I was overseas on holidays last week, but for whatever reason at the last minute decided to have foxtel record the match - now just got to find time to watch the match & that goal (sounds like on reply a whole lot also) in between work & sleep.

There were no flags out so its hard to say if there was wind around .... but he hit it with a pitching wedge and it went 10 rows back

vinum coupe

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Aussie cricket team

Damn you boob. Just watched it 2 more times.

I'm not sure of the relevance of this, but has anyone seen someone bounce straight down like that?
It was like he'd been brought up on wet grounds. And he hasn't.

And I can't imagine a basketball aspect. Pendles actually throws the ball way in front for example.

I'm not sure of the relevance of this, but has anyone seen someone bounce straight down like that?

And I can't imagine a basketball aspect. Pendles actually throws the ball way in front for example.
Perhaps he learnt from the week before up in T/ville when the ball didn't bounce back up to him on a soft surface?

vinum coupe

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Aussie cricket team
Perhaps he learnt from the week before up in T/ville when the ball didn't bounce back up to him on a soft surface?
No I can't see that.
Bouncing is actually natural.

Ie I played at bannock burn for a year. I just couldn't trust a bounce. Especially at speed.

vinum coupe

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Aussie cricket team
I wonder if he grew up playing closed in games. Ie he needed the ball back ASAP, and just smashed it.
Suits today's game if so.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins

I think it's just cause he runs so fast? :D

It was a great tap by Clark, hard clean work by Selwood to release NC5 and the rest was all him.

The kid has mad skills. I'm don't want to pump him up too much as I've said before but it was a great imdividual effort and the kick on the run one of the cleanest hits I've seen for a while.

Go Catters

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
I have a new avatar.
8bit-art.jpg

Back