Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 19: Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Burton is perhaps the hardest player in the pool to assess, purely because he hasn't played for 15 months since a severe leg and knee injury last year. But with enough club medicos believing he will be able to recapture his best form and fitness, he is in the mix as a first-round prospect. Burton is a marking and leaping half-forward who has natural footy instincts: he twists and turns and makes space, and manages to step up when his team needs him. In the future, he wants to play in the midfield, where his size and smarts would make him an imposing player in that area."

$_57.JPG

The Slider.

Definitely talented and if he recovers properly from his injury, Selwood-style we could someone who's anything from the next Gunston to the next Stringer! Back him in!

Have a feeling this guy will be an out and out gun so posting here for future reference

Ha ha, good work.

I also think he will be a champion, so check my post in the year 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Burton is perhaps the hardest player in the pool to assess, purely because he hasn't played for 15 months since a severe leg and knee injury last year. But with enough club medicos believing he will be able to recapture his best form and fitness, he is in the mix as a first-round prospect. Burton is a marking and leaping half-forward who has natural footy instincts: he twists and turns and makes space, and manages to step up when his team needs him. In the future, he wants to play in the midfield, where his size and smarts would make him an imposing player in that area."

As I was reading this I was thinking midfield the further on I read and sure enough it's where he wants to play

Endurance?

Had a huge leg injury, broken leg into his knee-cap, but his year last year was quality and he would've gone top 10 if not for injury possibly top 5, lets hope this gamble works out for us in the coming years, Welcome Ryan!!!!....... best of luck

could be a Roughy replacement in a few years time

If the reaction on the Adelaide board is anything to judge by the kid is a jet....

Fukkit I want Burton
Burton is going to haunt us in the future.
No idea who we'll pick here, I'm hoping for Burton, but would be happy with Collins. We might not go either, we'll know soon enough.
Would've rathered Burton. And he goes to the Hawks..
Burton to Hawthorn shaking my head
Thought it would be Burton, now at the Hawks.
I really want to hear why the club passed on a local in Burton, a top 5 prospect pre injury and in that forward/ruck position
If he's any good Geelong will get him in a few years. Typical Crows. .. never learn. Burton should have been the man

Had a huge leg injury, broken leg into his knee-cap, but his year last year was quality and he would've gone top 10 if not for injury possibly top 5, lets hope this gamble works out for us in the coming years, Welcome Ryan!!!!....... best of luck

could be a Roughy replacement in a few years time

Both selections have totally surprised me. This is very risky selection. I would not have thought we were heading down that track in a million years, considering we have Gunston and few other younger forwards. I thought Keiran / Mathieson, I would get one right. Instead we took a small forward who has a very serious injury and who knows whether he will ever play good footy and a short midfielder which I am not even sure whether was in top 30 or not. Looking at the others that we could have choosen: Dunkley, Collins, Tucker, cole, bonner, balic, mathieson, these were all much safer bets and good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back