Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 22: Kieran Lovell

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else see a little bit of GAJ in him? Quick, agile ball-magnet and loves a cheap one-two.
I'm thinking more Robbie Gray than Gaz.

I like this pick.

So he's 174 cm? who cares. Sam Mitchell is an inch and a bit taller then him, and he's already at same weight. Can kick off both feet, agile balanced and has endurance.

His clearance and disposal numbers are the best of the draft. Seems his height is the only thing stopping him from being taken higher.

I like this pick.

So he's 174 cm? who cares. Sam Mitchell is an inch and a bit taller then him, and he's already at same weight. Can kick off both feet, agile balanced and has endurance.

His clearance and disposal numbers are the best of the draft. Seems his height is the only thing stopping him from being taken higher.
And complimented height wise by Burton anyway (if he also ends up in the middle).

Looks a young version of Sam Mitchell - great agility and wins the ball. Averaged 32.5 possessions at the nationals - lets just hope he turns out to be half as good as the champion SM.

I'd rather a footy player than an athlete and this kid looks like he's a footy player.

Good luck young man. Looking forward to you proving the knockers wrong.

I like this pick a lot, would've preferred Gresham but this guys not far behind in my book, height bias in AFL is creating bargains in some of these young guys and I've got a good feeling about Lovell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im surprised we went for Lovell with Tucker, Partington, Clarke, Cole, Bonner, Mathieson and Balic available, but obviously the Hawks see more in him than i do, lets all hope he becomes a competitive centreman.....

Is a dead wringer for his dad. Little fella with a big jaw. Andy was a brick shithouse too, from memory.
His Dad?

He's distantly related to Andy Lovell.

Under-18-All-Australian-RASTER.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-24_21-55-27.jpeg
    upload_2015-11-24_21-55-27.jpeg
    6.5 KB · Views: 36

Remove this Banner Ad

Back