Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 44: Blake Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax. Far out people are jumpy about some kids that may or may not make it. And btw, Ossie was a very good , hard working and skillful half frwd who could jump, take marks on the lead with safe hands, had mongrel, fair leg speed, and goal kicking nous so, to that end, hardwik would do well to be that handy. Am I super excited? No and never am until these kids break in to the senior side.

Say something positive, posters like it.
Say something negative, posters crack the sads at you.

Everyone loves the Club, doesn't mean you can't be critical/objective about an issue. BF starting to get real touchy

It's bigfooty - always fight fire with fire.

From what I'm reading, is there a reason this bloke slipped to 44?
Our recruiters are best bar none?

As triple flag champs we are just trolling the afl by taking calculated risks of which even if 1 or 2 make it, it will go a looong way to sustaining our dominance from the position we are curretly in.

8, 10 and 12 goal bags shows theres something to play with and develop further and if any club can pick out and develop a foward it's the hawks. Maybe a ken judge/willo return in the making, here's hoping

Our recruiters are best bar none?

As triple flag champs we are just trolling the afl by taking calculated risks of which even if 1 or 2 make it, it will go a looong way to sustaining our dominance from the position we are curretly in.

8, 10 and 12 goal bags shows theres something to play with and develop further and if any club can pick out and develop a foward it's the hawks. Maybe a ken judge/willo return in the making, here's hoping
I dont think the risks weve taken are even that great, no pie in sky/throw a dart stuff like richmond with rioli. All our blokes can play footy and can be role players, burton is fit now and will play just a qstn how much his injury has hindered his development. Basically at worst we have added to our depth.

Very happy with this pick.

What I like about his highlights is that he seems to want to win. Not compete. Not use his talents over someone less talented. But win.
We teach him to use space & at times rely on his mates to complement his want to win the ball & the contest & he'll be a very handy player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just taking a look at all of the threads talking about our draftees and i have noticed almost no one has talked about Blake Hardwick at all and i am not quite sure why. So i have decided to make this thread specifically for him.

. Kicked 22 goals in 2 games in the TAC cup (10 and 12)
. Was the leading goalkicker in the TAC cup with 56 goals. The next best player scored 20 goals less.
. On bound for glory news they said he could make an immediate impact on a club. Even though by our standards thats not much but he has talent
. Graham Wright said himself that the club thinks he could play next year

Lets hope Blake makes an impact on the club and heres to a great season!

.... Graham Wright said himself that the club thinks he could play next year ....

Hardwick seems shorter than I first thought, not that dissimilar to Bruest in size and stature. Think he has the bulk to play AFL, but with our guys they will want to build his tank up a fair bit. Looks set to play BHH rather than go through the Dev Squad.

Reminds me of Campbell Brown with a little bit of Luke Parker
I see the Luke Parker comparison as in well developed physically for his age, kind of he man. The kid can play, but where? Going to find it hard to crack fwd line or mids.

Will spend a lot of time at BHH this year and show us what he's got. Good above his head, probably needs to build the tank

Just taking a look at all of the threads talking about our draftees and i have noticed almost no one has talked about Blake Hardwick at all and i am not quite sure why. So i have decided to make this thread specifically for him.

. Kicked 22 goals in 2 games in the TAC cup (10 and 12)
. Was the leading goalkicker in the TAC cup with 56 goals. The next best player scored 20 goals less.
. On bound for glory news they said he could make an immediate impact on a club. Even though by our standards thats not much but he has talent
. Graham Wright said himself that the club thinks he could play next year

Lets hope Blake makes an impact on the club and heres to a great season!

Was coached by boris and has dimmas nickname. Touch of bomber mongrel in this guy, interviewed on website looks ready to play.

With the new guys, i recon the box hill regulars are in for a treat at least

As for the tank bit, ironically the sub rule may have helped him

Last edited:
Andrew Russell praised young Blake's preseason and hinted that he had all the tools to play soon...this combined with the mentions of how pleased the senior boys were with his competitiveness and physicality on the track...a chance to play this season? I reckon we have him earmarked for fwd/mid role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back