Player Watch Charlie Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's all fine. As I said before if that is who Port want to be, then OK, however I think that sort of strategy of belittlement and mockery makes you look like a pelican when it bites you on the arse an it opens you up for ridicule and criticism - albeit from a Port's supporters perspective - unfair and unfounded criticism.

I'd prefer to be "the bigger man" when it comes to public discourse on social media.

If you think that my point is that by some sort of mystical force the Port Facebook's team caused Dixon's injury, then your reading comprehension capability is equally poor, however your ability to quote standard internet forum debate latin is elite.

A falsis principiis proficisci.

Nah f@#k em. The local media are mostly terrible most of the time and they deserve to be ridiculed.

Full points for your use of the word pelican though, that's a great SFW slur. :thumbsu:

And that's all fine. As I said before if that is who Port want to be, then OK, however I think that sort of strategy of belittlement and mockery makes you look like a pelican when it bites you on the arse an it opens you up for ridicule and criticism - albeit from a Port's supporters perspective - unfair and unfounded criticism.

I'd prefer to be "the bigger man" when it comes to public discourse on social media.

If you think that my point is that by some sort of mystical force the Port Facebook's team caused Dixon's injury, then your reading comprehension capability is equally poor, however your ability to quote standard internet forum debate latin is elite.

A falsis principiis proficisci.

inb4 it's all a load of pelecanus excrementum

Nah f@#k em. The local media are mostly terrible most of the time and they deserve to be ridiculed.

Full points for your use of the word pelican though, that's a great SFW slur. :thumbsu:

Galah is another good one too haha

the same strategy of belittlement and mockery that pushed us into the corner we're finally pushing away from?

it wasn't "public discourse on social media" anyway, it was fox sports producing a national news article about our new signing being injured - what should the club do, just let the country think he's injured? wouldn't it look inept to not put our own statement out?

the same strategy of belittlement and mockery that pushed us into the corner we're finally pushing away from?

it wasn't "public discourse on social media" anyway, it was fox sports producing a national news article about our new signing being injured - what should the club do, just let the country think he's injured? wouldn't it look inept to not put our own statement out?
Could try..."Charlie Dixon had a slight mishap but his knee is fine, thank you everyone for your concern."

As an aside I saw Charlie Dixon at Henley last night. Was moving well. Skinnier than I imagined.

Could try..."Charlie Dixon had a slight mishap but his knee is fine, thank you everyone for your concern."
I'd guess you don't work in marketing. I can imagine a ScooterBrother match report. "And some players kicked the ball. Others weren't able to. Raising the hands above the head some players held the ball. At the end one side scored more than the other".

The clubs social media serves the multiple purposes of reporting what's going on, building excitement, building community (which the Dixon post as an 'us against them' mockery of the SA media was (without abusing them)). It hit multiple targets and even retrospectively doing the other knee it was a winner.

the whole "why are we being nasty to the hand that feeds us" is so alarmingly lacking in any Port Adelaide knowledge it's scary. if you want a soft as shite go-with-the-flow footy club there's a colourful franchise down the road that wont rock the boat - not that defending yourselves with dry humor is rocking the boat anyway.

I'd guess you don't work in marketing. I can imagine a ScooterBrother match report. "And some players kicked the ball. Others weren't able to. Raising the hands above the head some players held the ball. At the end one side scored more than the other".
Sounds good to me. I do admit to hating the fluff and bubbles that comes with commentary these days. Especially in the cricket. If I wanted to feel like I am at the front bar talking s**t with my mates, I would be at the front bar talking s**t with my mates.

The social media team for Port are usually great, and I do enjoy their light hearted stuff. But they ****ed up this time, its ok, they're not perfect. Port Adelaide aren't perfect. Its not the end of the world, people are allowed to think anything and everything Port Adelaide isn't always and forever exemplary and spot on.

The clubs social media serves the multiple purposes of reporting what's going on, building excitement, building community (which the Dixon post as an 'us against them' mockery of the SA media was (without abusing them)). It hit multiple targets and even retrospectively doing the other knee it was a winner.
Take the teal glasses off mate.

the whole "why are we being nasty to the hand that feeds us" is so alarmingly lacking in any Port Adelaide knowledge it's scary. if you want a soft as shite go-with-the-flow footy club there's a colourful franchise down the road that wont rock the boat - not that defending yourselves with dry humor is rocking the boat anyway.
Port Adelaide are and always have been inclusive. That what makes it great.

And if you want a "Port Adelaide history" dick measuring contest, go right ahead.

what does being inclusive have to do with not letting fox sports get away with spreading disinformation about our players

well yeah, being inclusive would be gently mocking the Fox reports while showing we have a sense of humor. no stepping backwards, no vanilla nothing to say dull commentardry and no chip on our shoulder overreaction either. which is pretty much exactly what we did, hammer nail head. nothing to see here, lets move on pls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the article wasn't directly in response to one that said "Dixon injures knee at training" then you would be right ScooterBrother

Not really sure you have any grounds for your dislike of the article as it were though. It didn't blow up in our face, and it got mad points for showing how ridiculous that article was.

Yes Dixon got slightly injured weeks later, but I have barely seen anyone point out irony let alone embarrassment.

If it had been the same fall that caused the injury then it would be embarrassing, if it had been the very next day it would have potentially been embarrassing. Either way though it would still be good publicity, and the reality is that only one ScooterBrother disliked the article while many (including non-port-supporters) loved it, which really is the bottom line.

Power forward tracking well after minor surgery

CHARLIE Dixon is on track to debut for Port Adelaide late in the NAB Challenge after undergoing knee surgery last week, Power coach Ken Hinkley says.

Dixon damaged the meniscus in his left knee at training last Monday and underwent a minor operation the next day.

Hinkley told Melbourne radio station SEN on Thursday that the Power had been "a little apprehensive" about sending Dixon in for surgery because there was a chance he could have carried the injury through 2016.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-...ixon-on-track-for-nab-challenge-after-surgery

In 2012 when Robbie Gray had his sickening knee injury,did anyone (other than maybe an article in crowvertiser) write anything? We were nobody to the outside world. Dixon does something that he may have got through the season with and the media are all over it. We are in their heads,the football world want us to fail,remember when we were hated by all and still racked up the premierships,had massive ground attendances and membership tally? It is building again,let them talk about us all they like and when they are wrong they should be pulled up on it. They will still hate us but we will be feared and respected.

In 2012 when Robbie Gray had his sickening knee injury,did anyone (other than maybe an article in crowvertiser) write anything? We were nobody to the outside world. Dixon does something that he may have got through the season with and the media are all over it. We are in their heads,the football world want us to fail,remember when we were hated by all and still racked up the premierships,had massive ground attendances and membership tally? It is building again,let them talk about us all they like and when they are wrong they should be pulled up on it. They will still hate us but we will be feared and respected.

I remember Gary Ablett hurt his finger on the same day. You can guess which injury got more publicity.

Dixon set to play in our last NAB Challenge game.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-02/port-set-to-let-power-forward-dixon-off-the-leash

PORT Adelaide's prized recruit Charlie Dixon has overcome a knee injury and will play in his new club's last pre-season match.

The former Gold Coast forward has been sidelined for the past month after corrective surgery to a meniscus problem in his left knee.

"He's ready to go," teammate Jackson Trengove told reporters on Wednesday ahead of Port's last pre-season game against Richmond on March 10.

I can't help thinking back to last weekend against Melbourne. About how i felt seeing the same problems in our forward line that dogged us throughout 2015.

Schulz's frustration at the dysfunctional forward line, at being the main focal point for multiple defenders at a time in his career when he should be under less pressure as the 2nd or 3rd tall.

The Hoff forced to spend more time sureing up our forward line as opposed to swinging naturally between half forward and full back.

The lack of a third tall, and Butch's continued hopelessness in front of goal when we need him to step up with Paddy unavailable.

And now I think about how our forward line is going to look against Richmond, and onward into 2016, with the Big Dick, a true power forward, front and centre anchoring the structure. Power forwards provide lots of things. They provide a presence, they provide a contest, they provide an option, they provide physicality, they obviously provide scoring power. But they also provide something that is largely under appreciated - they provide psychological support to the players immediately surrounding them and the team as a whole. They know the big fella is there, to bust that back, to take that grab, the lay that big bump, big shepherd, big tackle. As much as I love Schulzy, Port have lacked this kind of forward since the legendary Tredders retired.

So yeah, I think about what it's going to be like to have Charlie Dixon at full forward.

And i get excited.

Yes!
Just over week until we can see the big man hopefully rip it up!
P77lQs6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back