Paddy Ryder

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the club Paddy!

I'm hoping his presence in the team (when available/fit and firing) will have as big an effect as bringing in Ollie Wines.

Where Wines was able to enhance the games of Boak, Hartlett, Gray allowing them to use their polish; I'm hoping Ryder will have a similar effect on our talls.

Looking forward to 'less' in 2015.
- Less occurrences of kicking to an empty forward line
- Less midfield stoppage fade outs from Westhoff rucking or Lobbe tiring out
- Less opposition goal runs with Westhoff free to stifle momentum
- Less reliance and workload on Lobbe
My ones are Wingard, Monfries and Neade never to be the TALL target again. And Neade to start copping major attention as he causes havoc at the feet of two or three talls.

My ones are Wingard, Monfries and Neade never to be the TALL target again. And Neade to start copping major attention as he causes havoc at the feet of two or three talls.
In a weird barracking for the underdog kinda way I always enjoy seeing Neade halve/win a contest against guys a foot taller than him. :p

But you're right.

Finally able to post again, copped a 5 point ban and a weeks suspension from bigfooty for asking the board for a link to a Ryder article that they were talking about. Couldn't even reply to there mod.

May i please give a shoutout to fishardansin who has completely embarrassed himself throughout this debacle, claiming that there is NO WAY that Essendon will take 17+37 and that Port can * off etc etc etc

Last edited:
Finally able to post again, copped a 5 point ban and a weeks suspension from bigfooty for asking the board for a link to a Ryder article that they were talking about. Couldn't even reply to there mod.

May i please give a shoutout to fishardansin who has completely embarrassed himself throughout this debacle, claiming that there is NO WAY that Essendon will take 17+37 and that Port can **** off etc etc etc

Probably not cool to tag the guy m8.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May i please give a shoutout to fishardansin who has completely embarrassed himself throughout this debacle, claiming that there is NO WAY that Essendon will take 17+37 and that Port can **** off etc etc etc

welcome back ..

he was a number of bomber supporters who said that deal wouldn't happen .. and it was funny when it did ..

looking forward to seeing paddy in the famous number 4 as worn by the great ian downsbrother.... i mean g wanganeen.

Paddy's in their calender for 2015 but I can't tell which month from the piccies:thumbsu:
July.
Will be a good reminder for them of why it will only be "mathematically possible" for Essendon to make the finals at that stage

Yep - keen for Gus and Paddy to do a deal and breakaway from the others
It's unlikely but it make you wonder if Paddy has been in our recruiting sights for a while now and for that reason we have held back/shielded Angus from getting this whole Asada thing finalised.

According to Emma Quayle Port found another rule to exploit, er, use to its advantage to help secure Paddy.

New AFL rule helped Port land Paddy
Port Adelaide has taken advantage of the AFL's new equalisation rules to boost its premiership chances by adding Essendon ruckman Paddy Ryder to its top-four side.
Under the rules set out earlier this year, clubs can spent up to 105 per cent of their salary cap in any given season, provided they have "underspent" in any of the previous two years.
Clubs that underspent by, for instance, $500,000 on total player payments and additional service agreements this year are permitted to spend up to $500,00 over the combined limits across 2016 and 2017.
New AFL rule helped Port land Paddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back