Player Watch #36: Callum Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing like Levi and Callum is actually a pretty good kick, has great speed n strength and very good over head.
Agility good also, but i reiterate his kicking is quite good....
I got that from "Bound for glory". I hope you're saying they are way off.

Nothing like Levi and Callum is actually a pretty good kick, has great speed n strength and very good over head.
Agility good also, but i reiterate his kicking is quite good....

Please. Love everything else about him, but his kicking is shite. Technique is wrong. Richoesque.
Great hands, great speed, looks footy smart. just give off to Dusty running past...that'll do.

If he's a poor kick then would the back line be better than the forward. I would have thought the worst place to turn the ball over or give away a free would be the back line.

Not bagging him, he looks strong in other areas, just questioning the best position for him to play.

Hopefully he has never practiced kicking on his non-preferred. That way we have a clean slate to turn him into a good kick on that side. Otherwise he's screwed! lol

Ball drop is horrible.
It's like when you give a footy to Americans to have kick to kick with them.
That said, he should be able to fix that easily once instructed and he definitely has some nice attributes.
Welcome aboard, Callum. :thumbsu:

Please. Love everything else about him, but his kicking is shite. Technique is wrong. Richoesque.
Great hands, great speed, looks footy smart. just give off to Dusty running past...that'll do.
From what I saw his kicking action isn't perfect but the ball does get to where it needs to go. Much like McIntosh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must be watching a different video to some of you.

his kicking is fine.. showed he can hit weighted passes and in that package he kicked at least 4 goals on the run from outside 50. if his kicking style was that bad he would be a worse kick over distance as there would be more room for error, but he was slotting them just fine.

and having done some development work at a TAC side many years ago, i can assure you that if his kicking style or effectivness was that bad, he would have been cut pretty early on..

reckon those knocking his kicking are being very very harsh.

Suggestions for him to go into the backline are off imo. Explosive pace, height, leap, and sticky hands is always a great combination for a midfielder (or forward mind you, but a touch short).

Bad kicks can easily become good kicks. I think football clubs could do a better job in this aspect.

Get a kicking technician to go one on one with him, and make him do 10 to 20 thousand kicks a day. It is a very Asian-like training method but it will teach him discipline and make kicking on both feet second nature to him. Even if it means less time out on the track or in the gym, he's a project player, we can afford to take it slowly with him.

I must be watching a different video to some of you.

his kicking is fine.. showed he can hit weighted passes and in that package he kicked at least 4 goals on the run from outside 50. if his kicking style was that bad he would be a worse kick over distance as there would be more room for error, but he was slotting them just fine.

and having done some development work at a TAC side many years ago, i can assure you that if his kicking style or effectivness was that bad, he would have been cut pretty early on..

reckon those knocking his kicking are being very very harsh.

Seems very capable of finding the chests of his targets, there were just a couple of the shots on goal where the pressure looked to get to him. Certainly nothing that can't be corrected with time under his belt at punt road :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back