Player Watch #36: Callum Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Suggestions for him to go into the backline are off imo. Explosive pace, height, leap, and sticky hands is always a great combination for a midfielder (or forward mind you, but a touch short).

Bad kicks can easily become good kicks. I think football clubs could do a better job in this aspect.

Get a kicking technician to go one on one with him, and make him do 10 to 20 thousand kicks a day. It is a very Asian-like training method but it will teach him discipline and make kicking on both feet second nature to him. Even if it means less time out on the track or in the gym, he's a project player, we can afford to take it slowly with him.

20,000 kicks a day is 5.5 hours of kicking if he kicks 1 a second ;)

I do agree that most clubs fail with improving kicking mechanics. Hawks have had a movement bio-mechanic for years and it shows. Pretty much since Clarko walked in the door.

Don't understand why we don't.

watch the Youtube vid, kicking needs work, the good ones are on his "highlights" video. awesome mark tho
fix his kicking he'll be a very fine player

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Callum's birthday is on 3/09/96. Really only turned 19. A lot to work with here...

Hows he a bad kick if no one has seen him play and he hit the targets on the video? Kicking style not great but either was Kennedys run up

Technique breaks down under pressure, he's obviously compensating for his bad kicking technique which he kind of got away with in his age group. Elite level if he doesn't sort that out quickly he wont make it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rance used to be atrocious...but has improved outa sights...so get him on the same regime..

I agree with you 100% but I don't think it was ever Rance's technique that let him down (apart from when tries to kick on his left which is just atrocious) - I felt it was more his decision making and trying kick further than his most reliable distance

I agree with you 100% but I don't think it was ever Rance's technique that let him down (apart from when tries to kick on his left which is just atrocious) - I felt it was more his decision making and trying kick further than his most reliable distance

Agree

Rance has a lovely action and a lovely long kick

Suggestions for him to go into the backline are off imo. Explosive pace, height, leap, and sticky hands is always a great combination for a midfielder (or forward mind you, but a touch short).

Bad kicks can easily become good kicks. I think football clubs could do a better job in this aspect.

Get a kicking technician to go one on one with him, and make him do 10 to 20 thousand kicks a day. It is a very Asian-like training method but it will teach him discipline and make kicking on both feet second nature to him. Even if it means less time out on the track or in the gym, he's a project player, we can afford to take it slowly with him.
Do we really need more forwards though? Anyone know how he fared in combine?

Rance used to be atrocious...but has improved outa sights...so get him on the same regime..
Rance used to be one of the worst I've seen, now look at the bloke. Our most important player. The good look stallion is the best full back we've had for decades. Full time professional environment will help this fella

Surely set shot kicking is one of the easier things to coach a player in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back