Player Watch #32 - Corey Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

He said Richmond was his preference even though Essendrug was in the mix and he was an Essendrug fan...

Even kids who supported them do not want to play for that rabble that injected the kids with lord knows what. I found that quite amusing

Keep going flog, so far you have mentioned endurance, out running, lasting longer in games, quick ball movement - all are genuine factors of Ports game style and concurr 100% that they have it in spades over most other sides.
HOWEVER.... the original point of this topic was how fast a player can run (ie) leg speed you goose... for someone that has such credentials you either cant read or cant understand the initial topic...

The points you have since raised are all correct, however as i originaly said players like cornes, polak, boak.... blah blah i named them in the OP do not have elite leg speed, elite runners maybe, gut runners yes and super fit yes... but the pint was elite leg speed... that my man means how fast they run, not how far, how long or how often.

As i said i would love to check their U18 sprint times to see how elite in "LEG SPEED" the whole team was..

Now you can dig up as many articles that you like that talk about endurance, fitness, ball movement, gut running but that is not what we were discussing.

just remember i posted a genuine post and you came out swinging??

ill wait for your next installment...
agree with this 100 percent... The reason port are so good is their guns... Boak, wines, hartlett, gray, Ebert, wingard etc are such hard runners and move the ball so quickly and precisely... They are definitely nothing special in the pace department.

Anyway back on topic... Not sure how I missed it but just came across the ellis draft day vid... And WOW... So glad that was captured.

Seems such a great genuine kid and now I really want him to succeed for himself not just be a gun for me and richmond like I did before. One of my favs now.

Like others have mentioned I got a bit of the old water in the eye feeling, it was such a rare treat being able to literally see someone achieve their dreams right as it happenned.

Anyway back on topic... Not sure how I missed it but just came across the ellis draft day vid... And WOW... So glad that was captured.

Seems such a great genuine kid and now I really want him to succeed for himself not just be a gun for me and richmond like I did before. One of my favs now.

Like others have mentioned I got a bit of the old water in the eye feeling, it was such a rare treat being able to literally see someone achieve their dreams right as it happenned.

Looks a real player doesnt he, and seems like a great kid, actually all of our kids look good and can see all of them including a few of the rookies having good careers at RFC.
Cant remember the last time i felt so good about 1 draft.

Looks a real player doesnt he, and seems like a great kid, actually all of our kids look good and can see all of them including a few of the rookies having good careers at RFC.
Cant remember the last time i felt so good about 1 draft.

Thought you were talking about the little fella in your avatar when I started reading....;)

Yep think he is gonna fit on well with all the other boys, got a good mix just hope they not too nice on the field. Still need a bit of mongrel :-B

One of the highlights was his father mentioning "hope he does not get drafted by Collingwood as he would cop a bagging from about 5 people at his work".

AFL/VFL tribalism at its finest, some old age adages never change; would have made Jack Dyer smile.

One of the highlights was his father mentioning "hope he does not get drafted by Collingwood as he would cop a bagging from about 5 people at his work".

AFL/VFL tribalism at its finest, some old age adages never change; would have made Jack Dyer smile.
All he needs to say is that he hates Collingwood so much he refuses to even watch black and white movies!:D

Where players are concerned I would not know the difference from a Chinese spring roll and an Chinese egg roll.

However the drive to succeed on the video is any indicator then we know he will give it his all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really great vid done by the AFL Players Association. Shows how much it all meant to him and his family.

You can see why he's so composed on the field, he's very calm and cruisey in every situation it seems.

Nice Bump for the new year.:D
Noticed just before his number readout,His Brother i think said "This could be Corey"

If Corey can have a solid first season and get in on merit ide be happy with that. 10+ games.

Really looking forward to seeing how many of these recruits bring it this year.

I am absolutely stoked at our recruitment this year, every player we have picked up brings excitement with the kind of football they play. Ellis seems to be the only one without real pace but he will be full of class can't fn wait!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back