Player Watch #32 - Corey Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne did really well , I would give them an A

Welcome to Tigerland Corey, 2 things you will need to work on for the next 2 years

Right Foot
Sprint work
No doubt all that would have been a consideration Gun.
Gone are the days where your Recruiter and only Recruiter would sift though dvd,s and press select.:D

Gonna say it. I was ******* pissed when we overlooked Heppel, and i'm ******* pissed we didn't take Garlett. Not saying Ellis is a dud, but, FFS where are we gonna get that outside run and pace from? A Garlett type. As Tugga said, Vanilla.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.
You are aware we took 3 other kids in the draft who are all quite quick.

Cant see what the Club see in this kid...looks ordinary to me...albeit an accurate kick...
You're a barrel of laughs tonite. Far from ordinary, can't believe you can't se that.

Kids gonna get pole axed in his first game....shows absolutely no footy nouse in his highlights where the opposition player player is when he's going for the ball...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol can't believe people are already beating up on this kid, hasn't even run a lap of punt road yet. These recruiters look at them all year, I remember looking at Reece Concas highlights when we drafted him, prob the best highlight package I have ever seen! Now although Reece is no donkey, he certainly hasn't lived up to that highlight package so far. Some of the best players have not the best highlight packages eg Lenny Hayes, Jordan Lewis, brad Sewell, Luke ball in his younger days. F*k even Jobe Watson looked average in his first few years

It was a funny time around 2006-2007. Back then clubs preferred athletes before footballers. Now they prefer footballers before athletes. There were more athletic talls picked before Riewoldt, but Riewoldts greatest strength has always been his ability to read the play, great contested mark and know where the goals are. If they valued footballers before athletes back in 2006 or 2007 Riewoldt would have been in the top 7-8 selected.
I did notice that they compared McCartin to Jack at Pick 1, shows how things have changed

Um we did take Connor Menadue who can provide great outside pace, run, overhead marking and ability to hit the scoreboard. Value pick because he is 188 and 69kg - although he has apparently put on a bit of weight recently.

I was super keen on Blakely but a combo of Ellis and Menadue could prove to be really handy

One kid. Great. I'll stick a pineapple on us for the flag next season.

Kids gonna get pole axed in his first game....shows absolutely no footy nouse in his highlights where the opposition player player is when he's going for the ball...
Mate watched him a lot over a few years , kids a gun , great game sense , sees the game unfold around him and hits targets
Will be a top pick up for you guys

You are aware we took 3 other kids in the draft who are all quite quick.

Awesome. As you know, all picks always work out. Well spotted ya hayseed rube.

Probably call one Brando or Bell & the other Cor....(Maybe we should have a thread guessing there nick-names ?)

Mates and I have already nicknamed him Monica "CEllis"

687916-monica-seles.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back