Player Watch #32 - Corey Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the draft is far too fluid for that or to have a perfect list. What if a need happens at a earlier pick and then we want to look at another need to address yet? Do we still pick the same player even tho we already covered that type, even tho we rated him higher?
I agree. It's not simplistic and it was probably more about our next pick and those that might have been taken earlier than we expected which is why we had a few slide to us. You have to take time to weigh up more than one move. It's more chess than checkers.

Run-on effect. If you have a slider get to the 2nd round, then you pick him (which we did with Menadue). The type of player we picked there has an effect on who we take in the rounds after that. It's called list management.
Can't argue any more as we disagree on the manner by which you devise your list selection. Ala list management.A player sliding should not throw out you logic and good preparation would prevent this. I have had my say and yes I understand what you are saying, but I still think FJ and Crew appeared to have no idea. Still think they are duds.

I'm actually stoked with Ellis seeing as we got Menadue and Drummond.
An inside player with outside class and a beautiful left foot. We will be happy with him make no mistake.
He, Miles, Conca and Vlastuin inside, Cotch semi inside-mostly outside, Dusty/Lids/Cotch/Conca roaming the forward line, wings, and center, Hunt tagging and running off, speed and endurance all over the ground with Ellis and Menadue, more speed with Lids again and Drummond.

Could have ourselves a great midfield here!!

This makes no sense. Both players should have been ranked prior and highest ranked player should be selected.

Its just means depending on who we pick early has an affect on the player we pick later.... don listen to the "best" available spin...... some clubs draft for needs.... especially late.

sorry btw I missed the draft showing.. can anyone fill me in on this pausing on our selections?
Did we seem worryingly indecisive?

Or were we perhaps reconsidering because players we rated higher and didn't expect to get had slid down the order, overtaking the player we had likely pinpointed at those picks?

sorry btw I missed the draft showing.. can anyone fill me in on this pausing on our selections?

Or were we perhaps reconsidering because players we rated higher and didn't expect to get had slid down the order, overtaking the player we had likely pinpointed at those picks?
The second 1 we think.

I think it was to make sure we filled needs and not take too much of the same type. We did really well overall. Far better than I anticipated tbh.

Only club that delayed on virtually every pick other than our first. We seemed caught out nearly every time.

Don't forget we were targeting, on the coach's missive, purely mids. So we wanted to make the right decision at each pick based on what was (at times surprisingly to them perhaps) available.

They may have got to 33 and said, s**t, Blakely is still there..* * * *, what do we do. We like him but we wanted Menadue and didn't expect Blakely to still be there. * * *, s**t let's just go with Menadue he is fast, we need fast, Blakely is slow and from WA anyway.
Could have been something like that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget we were targeting, on the coach's missive, purely mids. So we wanted to make the right decision at each pick based on what was (at times surprisingly to them perhaps) available.

They may have got to 33 and said, s**t, Blakely is still there..**** **** **** ****, what do we do. We like him but we wanted Menadue and didn't expect Blakely to still be there. **** **** ****, s**t let's just go with Menadue he is fast, we need fast, Blakely is slow and from WA anyway.
Could have been something like that...
We didn't expect Menadue either. Not sure if Blakely was the other. I reckon he was.

Can't argue any more as we disagree on the manner by which you devise your list selection. Ala list management.A player sliding should not throw out you logic and good preparation would prevent this. I have had my say and yes I understand what you are saying, but I still think FJ and Crew appeared to have no idea. Still think they are duds.
Tend to agree I believe their no number 1 targets for each pick were gone so it forced em to nail the picks by sheer fluke

FJ said that he rated C. Ellis in the top 3 picks of the draft. A very interesting statement and this could turn out to be a very shrewd pick.

Pretty sure they know a hell of a lot more than anyone on this forum, but don't worry nay sayers you're better at throwing hissy fits and carrying on like little spoilt brats than those out there actually helping Richmond FC. We all have our strengths ;)

Barracking for Richmond. What have I got myself in to...

I think the draft is far too fluid for that or to have a perfect list. What if a need happens at a earlier pick and then we want to look at another need to address yet? Do we still pick the same player even tho we already covered that type, even tho we rated him higher?
Come on, Flea.
The draft is an exact science. Every year the first ten picks turn out to be dead-set stars.
If we go back to the most recent uncompromised draft, you'll see that every club picks up a champ with any of the first twenty picks

Round Pick Player Club Outcome
Priority 1 Tom Scully Melbourne Star
1 2 Jack Trengove Melbourne Star
1 3 Dustin Martin Richmond Dud
1 4 Anthony Morabito Fremantle So good we don't need to play him
1 5 Ben Cunnington North Melbourne Maybe
1 6 Gary Rohan Sydney Norm Smith Medal 2014
1 7 Brad Sheppard West Coast So good he plays every second game
1 8 John Butcher Port Adelaide Yeah...2 goals in 2014
1 9 Andrew Moore Port Adelaide 9 games in 2014...another star
1 10 Jake Melksham Essendon Plays for cheats
1 11 Jordan Gysberts Melbourne ????
1 12 Kane Lucas Carlton Going so well he was delisted
1 13 Daniel Talia Adelaide Dud
1 14 Lewis Jetta Sydney LOL
1 15 Christian Howard Western Bulldogs Going so well he was delisted
1 16 Jasper McMillan-Pittard Port Adelaide Who?
1 17 Daniel Menzel Geelong I like him but his knees hate him
2 18 Luke Tapscott Melbourne Who?
2 19 Benjamin Griffiths Richmond Errr...not saying anything
2 20 Nathan Fyfe Fremantle Biggest dud ever

It's a freaking lottery and anyone that believes they know better is deluded.

FJ said that he rated C. Ellis in the top 3 picks of the draft. A very interesting statement and this could turn out to be a very shrewd pick.

Pretty sure they know a hell of a lot more than anyone on this forum, but don't worry nay sayers you're better at throwing hissy fits and carrying on like little spoilt brats than those out there actually helping Richmond FC. We all have our strengths ;)

"top 3 KICKS"

Think he said he rated Ellis in the top 3 kicks not picks

Tope 3 kicks in the draft not picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back