Player Watch #37: Connor Menadue

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm calling it early, once he gains more weight (but not too much) he will break the lines like judd....

Maybe some of our newbies can challenge Brettie for the speedster of RFC award ?

I'm calling it early, once he gains more weight (but not too much) he will break the lines like judd....

Maybe some of our newbies can challenge Brettie for the speedster of RFC award ?

Big risk is he doesn't put on weight and becomes a Fiora or Bourke.

I hope he makes the weight and gives himself every chance to be a star!

Big risk is he doesn't put on weight and becomes a Fiora or Bourke.

I hope he makes the weight and gives himself every chance to be a star!

Hopefully they met his family, specifically his dad for a least a hint at his ability to gain weight. Or if he can't he becomes one of those really wirey hard nuts...

Hopefully they met his family, specifically his dad for a least a hint at his ability to gain weight. Or if he can't he becomes one of those really wirey hard nuts...

Speaking of nuts no doubt they will have to look at his diet. He might need some advice from fellow recruit McKenzie!

I am all for Mountain as this kids nickname. Works on 2 levels. Works with his name as "Mountain dew" and then works on an ironic level as him being a twig

He also bears an uncanny resemblance to this guy

Hafthor_Bjornsson_Mountain_Game_Of_Thrones_Colts_Picture.png

Why are people saying he needs to add 20kgs?

The dude is QUICK, you dont want to add 20kgs to his frame and turn him into a turtle to add to our colony.

He needs to add maybe 8-10kgs to be able to win his own ball, and keep his pace.

Will be a gun

Do they play them in vfl? Or he won't play at all next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be keen to get to quite a few Punt Rd 2's games next year with kids like this running around. Our 2's is now full of kids we want to see develop rather than recycled players or compromised draft players.
So what you're saying is that Matt Thomas and Banfield didn't do it for you?

Have a look at Nat Fyfe and Bob Murphy when they were young. Do it right and we could have a gem.

View attachment 94743
View attachment 94744

Pretty much sums it up. People here remember Fiora and Bourke having trouble putting on weight. Admittedly that could be a risk, however there are just as many examples of skinny players who managed to put on weight and become absolute guns.

This guy would have to become a contested ball winning monster to become anywhere near Fyfe. All because he's tall and skinny doesn't mean you can compare him to someone else that's tall and skinny.

This guy would have to become a contested ball winning monster to become anywhere near Fyfe. All because he's tall and skinny doesn't mean you can compare him to someone else that's tall and skinny.
Think it was only the builds that were being compared, weight can be added.

People were comparing how there have been examples of skinny players in the past who have managed to put on weight. Nobody is suggesting that Menadue is going to play the same role as Fyfe.

That comparison wasn't that he will become the type of player Fyfe is. It was just that he turned from a skinner player to a player having a good playing weight. Surely you understood that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back