Player Watch #7: Daniel Butler

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't notice any use the of the left foot. Which is very important for a frenetic runner that seems to run into trouble a lot.

Think there was one or 2 but I am with you, small forwards generally need to be more dual sided than most so its something he will need to work on particularly if working in the other pocket!

Will be interested to see how the young fella goes, he certainly fills a need if he is good enough. I wish him well in the yellow & black.

Yes! I'm intruding but he is a speed demon, absolutely amazing I've seen him sprint numerous time from the half back deep into the forward line, I'll upload a couple clips/ maybe some games if you guys are keen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Turky , really appreciate it :thumbsu:

P.s No intrusion, opposition supporters are most welcome here on the Tigers boards (hope I haven't over stepped my mark Mods). All we ask is that they are civil & you certainly are that...

Jake King Manic forward defensive forward.

Butler.

Jake King Manic forward defensive pressure on steroids. He is a lot quicker then king and loves to chase. Stoked with this pick. IMO if he plays to his strength, he will quickly get a cult following. Also the boy is smart, he often causes a turn over, and disposes it to a team mates advantage but he still has that necessary small forward goal hungry bit to him.

Jake King Manic forward defensive pressure on steroids. He is a lot quicker then king and loves to chase. Stoked with this pick. IMO if he plays to his strength, he will quickly get a cult following. Also the boy is smart, he often causes a turn over, and disposes it to a team mates advantage but he still has that necessary small forward goal hungry bit to him.
As long as the Tige's leave him as a forward. As they tend to start a lot of the newbies in the back half.

The obsession with small shut down defenders bemuses me as if your midfield is strong and your backman are doing there job properly it doesnt give the small fowards a great deal of opportunity - Unlike most people here i do rate steven morris and believe he is a very good small defender and is capable of filling that role very well.

Love to know who people here rate as the best small defender in the league and im sure with morris after his injuries have been sorted will give them a run for their money

Agree. Morris is severely underrated on this board. IMO this year was a aberration due to his shoulder. Yeah his disposal can be iffy at times but as a lock down there is not many better.

Agree. Morris is severely underrated on this board. IMO this year was a aberration due to his shoulder. Yeah his disposal can be iffy at times but as a lock down there is not many better.

As a lock down he is very good. Unfortunetly he is not an attacking back man and the coaching panel trying to turn him into one along with injuries destroyed him this year. When he attacks he loses his man to easy on the rebound

As a lock down he is very good. Unfortunetly he is not an attacking back man and the coaching panel trying to turn him into one along with injuries destroyed him this year. When he attacks he loses his man to easy on the rebound
You will rarely find a player that is brilliant as a lockdown player yet has great disposal and an attacking backman - If they are that good they are midfielders and you dont waste them as lock down small backs

Just needs to do a job and that job is keep the Eddie Betts of the comp to less than 3-4 goals or take them out of the game totally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The obsession with small shut down defenders bemuses me as if your midfield is strong and your backman are doing there job properly it doesnt give the small fowards a great deal of opportunity - Unlike most people here i do rate steven morris and believe he is a very good small defender and is capable of filling that role very well.

Love to know who people here rate as the best small defender in the league and im sure with morris after his injuries have been sorted will give them a run for their money
Nick Smith by a mile and then who even knows who are small defenders? :p

Agree. That is why he should just do a defensive job and that's it. if it means he is in and out of the side due to match ups, so be it. After this draft we are finally building the depth to do that.

day1campmain.jpg

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-12-01/whirlwind-start-to-tiger-cub-careers

Less than three days after officially becoming Richmond players, the Club’s newest draftees were on a plane to Townsville to get to know their new team-mates and coaches.

The new Tigers – Corey Ellis, Connor Menadue, Nathan Drummond, Daniel Butler and Reece McKenzie - joined the travelling party for pre-season camp on Sunday morning.

Looks like some decent guns on Butler.

You will rarely find a player that is brilliant as a lockdown player yet has great disposal and an attacking backman - If they are that good they are midfielders and you dont waste them as lock down small backs

Just needs to do a job and that job is keep the Eddie Betts of the comp to less than 3-4 goals or take them out of the game totally

'Keep the E Betts of the comp'.......Do you think it would be noticed if he took a 4x2 out with him? That should do it ........:eek:;)

17 tackles :eek:

Must have been a wet day, McKenzie only kicked 1 in that game, and 17 tackles would be a joke on a dry day

With Morris I just think the best small fwds get him on transition, then he needs that hail mary dive to spoil. I hope its injury related and he comes back better. We will see.

17 tackles :eek:

Must have been a wet day, McKenzie only kicked 1 in that game, and 17 tackles would be a joke on a dry day

That was my initial response too 17 tackles !!?
It's great he doesn't mind getting dirty....

I love a player who thinks goals first, share later.
There aren't many around.
He's got that greedy natural goal sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back