Past Callum Sinclair - retired 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

ZslCYQFE.jpg

Callum Sinclair

Player Profile

Callum Sinclair was traded from the West Coast Eagles to the Sydney Swans ahead of season 2016 and has since played vital roles as a key forward and ruckman. Over his first two seasons at the Swans he played primarily as a forward as Kurt Tippett and Sam Naismith carried the ruck load, but the retirement of Tippett and Naismith’s ACL rupture left him with the chief ruck duties in 2018 and 2019. That was until he dislocated his right shoulder twice in Round 15, an injury that ended his season. Sinclair banked a stellar 2020 pre-season campaign and has a burning desire to play every game at the top level this year. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (West Coast) No. 12; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (West Coast); 2015 AFL Draft traded by West Coast for Lewis Jetta.

Callum Sinclair

DOB: 23 September 1989
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/Port Melb (VFL)/Subiaco (WAFL)/WCE

Last edited:

Heh. Aussie definition of a 'bit of drive':p

Met an Irish tourist a few years back in a pub. He said he was thinking of popping down to Melb after drinks. It was almost midnight.

Didn't have the heart to tell him it wasn't just a couple of hours away. :D

I assumed he was driving his car over from Perth :p
its possible he is driving from perth. but he has vic number plates? maybe he never got them changed when he went to perth in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude, bumped into this guy at crown in melbourne last night. Was with a fee rowdey mates but he kept them in check. Sat at a table didnt gamble, didnt have a drink in his hand. With the holiday season coming around players would obviously have one or two but its good to see him disciplined and sticking to pre season wholeheartedly.

Had a good chat with the bloke aswell. He said he would never hold anything against west coast and he loved his time there although falling short in the granny he is grateful for his opportunity and experience in such a monumental game. He seemed really upbeat about playing for your swans and the prospect of playing with bud tippo and hopefully assisting you guys for another flag. Overall just a good humble guy.

Sorry to intrude, bumped into this guy at crown in melbourne last night. Was with a fee rowdey mates but he kept them in check. Sat at a table didnt gamble, didnt have a drink in his hand. With the holiday season coming around players would obviously have one or two but its good to see him disciplined and sticking to pre season wholeheartedly.

Had a good chat with the bloke aswell. He said he would never hold anything against west coast and he loved his time there although falling short in the granny he is grateful for his opportunity and experience in such a monumental game. He seemed really upbeat about playing for your swans and the prospect of playing with bud tippo and hopefully assisting you guys for another flag. Overall just a good humble guy.

He seems like he would be a genuinely decent bloke and it's always good to have confirmation from first-hand experience! Cheers :thumbsu:

Cannot question the guys commitment. Looking forward to seeing him in his debut. I was thoroughly impressed watching him for wce this year and remember thinking id love him at the swans.

He is the proto type swans recruit aswell. Not the most talented bloke in the world but gives everything his all. I have no doubt whatsoever he will be a very good player for us

Other way around I reckon, I'd want Tippo to be in blistering ruck form so Cal can predominantly play forward

At his best Tippett is more damaging up forward than in the ruck. I think we will get the best out of Tippett if he plays 60/40 (forward/ruck) and would be better than him playing 40/60. Plus I think while a serviceable forward Sinclair is not the sort of forward to kick bags of goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back