Official Club Stuff Welcome to the club Shane Biggs

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm Sydney only offload their duds.

Hope this is not a Veszpremi pick
Swans fans upset to see him go. That's a decent sign.

Hmm Sydney only offload their duds.

Hope this is not a Veszpremi pick
It didn't cost us anything so it is already better than the Veszpremi venture.
We haven't finished with our list overhaul yet anyway. Still at least 10 list cloggers to go over the next 2 years.

Just for a bit of context - pick 38 is already committed to Swans Academy player Hiscox, so it's not a live pick. It's basically a one pick downgrade to get a young player in a role we need with three years of development into him. Big win.

Welcome to the Kennel SHIGGSY!

Looks to have very clean hands in that video.

This from a Swans mate of mine:
He's a keeper. Really surprised he's going as we're losing Mal. Good kick, gets a lot of it, can shut someone down. PLayed finals last year and was really good. PLayed run with roles at the end of this year and shut down some ball magnets.

When his name first came up, I seriously thought he was the dude out of American Pie. So I'll forever know him as "the dude from American Pie".

Swans fans upset to see him go. That's a decent sign.

I am upset to see him go as on the Swans board I was calling for him to play all year in 2014 as I really thought he was going to slot in the side easily when either Shaw or Malceski left. Every game he played in the seniors he looked like he belonged out there and in the 2013 finals series he was actually one of our best players.

He's a local lad... well for me anyway. He's a Warrandyte boy and a quality kid according to quite a few people I know around here. Bit of a gun cricketer at South Warrandyte too apparently. The Doggies have had their eye on him for a while now. Welcome to the club Biggsy. Glad to have ya!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A noble spirit embiggins the smallest man
images

In the reserves he postly played as a half back flanker, the team generated a lot of our rebound through him as you can see in his Rebound 50s stats. I guess you could call him our Malceski of the reserves team. In our seniors this year, he played some tagging roles which was a little surprising, and did well, including a good job on Griffen when we played you guys.

He's supposedly renowned for his kicking skills, although I think this facet of his game has been overrated just a tad. Don't get me wrong he can hit targets but I think it drops significantly if he's under pressure. He's a very outside player, lots of handball receives, won't go diving into to too many packs.

Thanks for the information him. Why did you trade him?

We certainly need a player in future that can play that rebounding half back role. He looks suited to it. Moves well and solid user. Had 3 years in the system so good to get a kid in who is a little more ready than some you get on the draft at 39 or whatever.

I reckon salary cap pressure with having to pay Buddy could be a part of it, and maybe he wanted to come home

This is a win for us if he can hold down half back flank So JJ can play wing

What's his pace/agility like? Anywhere we can find testing results from draft? (if he actually tested)

What's his pace/agility like? Anywhere we can find testing results from draft? (if he actually tested)
He didn't play TAC Cup or go to the Combine; he played EFL, then went to the Bendigo Bombers in the VFL and was drafted from there.

From what I can find, back when he was drafted by the Swans he ran a 14.6 beep and a sub-three second 20m sprint - so he's pretty quick.

Source for all this, btw: http://www.foxsportspulse.com/club_...ID=162932&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=18214983

Remove this Banner Ad

Back