Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how Selwood gets caught just watching his awesomeness and then realises argh it's too late to chase :p
Yeah i was wondering why selwood didnt attempt to tackle? i think he was worrying about The Bonts hand balling back to Talia

Love how Selwood gets caught just watching his awesomeness and then realises argh it's too late to chase :p

I guess Selwood is no 10. - I thought it must have been a young player who was caught out BoNT watching

Heard a Collingwood supporter at the game telling his Doggie mates how the Pies were really into him & would have drafted him if we didn't. I've heard this several times from Collingwood supporters now and it's always in the tone of that guy who dated the super model back in high school but broke up with her just before she got into modelling...
The Pies were also into EJ when we seemed a bit lukewarm on him in the late 40s.
It might only happen every 60 years or so but they're a handy pair to have plucked from the Pies.

The Pies were also into EJ when we seemed a bit lukewarm on him in the late 40s.
It might only happen every 60 years or so but they're a handy pair to have plucked from the Pies.

Whitten trained at Collingwood, but was told - by Phonse Kyne, I think - to "come back when you grow up".

He hated them...even before he went there.

The reason he was there in the first place was that he played Sunday football (amateur/social league) with a side called Collingwood Socials, or something like that. Apparently was invited down by someone at the Pies...

I'll go on record now and say he is the best talent I have ever seen walk through our club door. Will go down as one of our best ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tend to agree... He is astonishingly talented, never seen a kid like him. We are blessed and I can't wait to see him lead the charge to the promised land.
Pretty exciting.

If we wasn't playing for us you could say the same thing about LIbba, Macrae and Stringer. Can't believe we have all these guys at the same time- especially considering the bastardised drafts of the pet few years.
I'm ready to start 10 different threads right now about our club and this list( but I won't not my style), this is the best list is have ever seen at the dogs, nothing comes close. I don't think I'm being silly when I say I am absolutely amazed by the players we have on our list right now and their potential to be amazing.

I reckon Bont will poll the most brownlow votes at the dogs this year in a landslide

Kid is still only 19 which I think heaps of people forget when his compared to Treloar, Jager etc, the other guns (Treloar, Wingard, Jager etc) are all 21-22 which is pretty huge in terms of pre-seasons etc. Reckon he will be a top 5 player in the competition in a couple of years and hopefully eventually elevate to #1 GOAT.

I'll go on record now and say he is the best talent I have ever seen walk through our club door. Will go down as one of our best ever.
You are almost correct, and correct (but if u are a young man you are correct twice). The best talent to walk in the door in my lifetime is Chris Grant, but it is undeniable that this kid will be a bulldog superstar.

Is he leading the dogs tackle count after 10 tackles against the Eagles and the Tiges? Is he leading the competition in tackles?

Without the ball he gets involved and that's not an easy thing to teach a kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back