Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's a question: Bont scored 28 rating points this weekend, yet his overall score went from 503.something (from memory) to 528.2. How does that work? He hasn't yet played enough games for his earlier scores to be "overridden", has he?

Here's a question: Bont scored 28 rating points this weekend, yet his overall score went from 503.something (from memory) to 528.2. How does that work? He hasn't yet played enough games for his earlier scores to be "overridden", has he?
Games 1-30 are weighted at 100% and games 31-40 are decreasing with 10% as too how much they're weighted
So basically in practice as that was his 36th game he loses the 60% of the average of the first 6 games he played, and gains the entirety of this game.

Games 1-30 are weighted at 100% and games 31-40 are decreasing with 10% as too how much they're weighted
So basically in practice as that was his 36th game he loses the 60% of the average of the first 6 games he played, and gains the entirety of this game.

Ta!

Edit: Actually, I just looked it up (probably should've done this initially) and the AFL ratings website says it's games 21--40 that receive progressively smaller weight:

A player's rating is determined by aggregating his points tally based on a rolling window of the previous two seasons. For example, after round six of the 2014 season, a player's rating will be based on matches from round seven of the 2012 season onwards. However, only a player's most recent 40 matches are used in the calculation of his rating. This creates a buffer for players missing matches through injury, suspension, omission or by not being involved in finals. A player's most recent 20 matches are given greater weight in determining his rating. Matches 21 through 40 are progressively reduced in weighting, from 100 per cent down to five per cent for the earliest game in the window.

Last edited:
COSN0ZNUwAATXgK.png

Look at the ball use from the centre square to inside 50. Drooooool

He's still no Patrick Cripps or Jack Billings.

Where did you find that map? Got a Brisbane supporting mate that wants to find Daniel Rich's map and Lewis Taylors.

Lewis Taylor ‘runs around in circles’ and doesn’t hurt the opposition, says AFL analyst

"Champion Data numbers show Taylor, 20, gains just 20m per kick — the lowest among the AFL’s top 100 ball winners. That means his average kick barely travels the minimum distance for a mark. He kicks short 78 per cent of the time — ranked No. 2 in the league’s top 100 kickers — and 76 per cent of Taylor’s possessions are won uncontested."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/le...27413387908?sv=222b431cefaa3b2e3da22444521a8d

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is he not in All Austalian contention?

Because he's 19...would be the only excuse.. Billings or Cripps would probably get a spot on the AA list even if Bont finished in the top 5

Just finished examining our last month of footy. Anyone else notice that Bonts left peg has become ever more lethal than ever the passed four weeks ? Or is it just me that thinks that ?

Just finished examining our last month of footy. Anyone else notice that Bonts left peg has become ever more lethal than ever the passed four weeks ? Or is it just me that thinks that ?

Some of his passes have been sublime. I just wish Tom Boyd could get on the end of one, then I could turn it into a gif for my avatar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back