Toast Welcome to West Coast - Josh Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Noticed Hill was working back across the half back line in the past two games. His work rate seems to have gone through the roof.

Noticed Hill was working back across the half back line in the past two games. His work rate seems to have gone through the roof.
Sounds like a good sign for me. I think 08/09 was probably the year he worked the hardest pushing up the ground, after that he realised he was good and could get by staying deep and just kicking goals. If his work rate is up he could take his game to new heights and fulfill his talent which would be good to see.

I watched him live 3 times this year. Twice at EP and once with WC and was amazed at how much ground he covered.

His field kicking is also a delight to watch.

I'm sure in previous years somebody reached in through the top of his head and pulled out all the energy.

Great turnaround.

It's been five games - fully expecting him to fade, but hopefully he proves us wrong. Would be in our top 5 for raw skill alone - amazing sticky hands, leap, field kicking and good goal sense. Still only 26. Just needs to stay switched on

Let's just hope that Hill can keep up this effort every game.
Love Simmo's coaching. Manages to make players step up when needed.
I think just as players have been learning Simpsons game plan and understanding what he expects, Simpson has been getting a handle on what the players are capable of and how best to use them

Hill and Wellingham are the two best examples of this

It's been five games - fully expecting him to fade, but hopefully he proves us wrong. Would be in our top 5 for raw skill alone - amazing sticky hands, leap, field kicking and good goal sense. Still only 26. Just needs to stay switched on
Has kicked 14 goals in 5 games equates to 61 over a full season.
Love to see his continue this rich vein of form.

Sorry don't bother replying, I just realised what a idiot poster you where.
You are the guy, that Gunner and E87 usually own.

If you've read my history, i'm sure you came across the many occasions I called out your insider self-righteous lies. Move along.

I think just as players have been learning Simpsons game plan and understanding what he expects, Simpson has been getting a handle on what the players are capable of and how best to use them

Hill and Wellingham are the two best examples of this

Both look completely different players over the past month. It's almost as if there contracts are coming up to expiration. The best in these guys seems along way from there worst and if they can sustain there current form then both have to stay in the side even when the likes of Selwood, Darling and Rosa are back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hill is not the reason WCE are dominating. Put that down to the midfield dominance. Hill is a front runner. How this board does not recognise that, bewilders me.

Hill is not the reason WCE are dominating. Put that down to the midfield dominance. Hill is a front runner. How this board does not recognise that, bewilders me.

So when Hill was running deep into defence and cutting off a rampant Gray 40m out from goal when Port were on top... that was front running?

So when Hill was running deep into defence and cutting off a rampant Gray 40m out from goal when Port were on top... that was front running?

What about the time he gave up on a tackle chase as he hit 7/10 on his perceived exertion scale? Bringing up singular events is nonsense.

What about the time he gave up on a tackle chase as he hit 7/10 on his perceived exertion scale? Bringing up singular events is nonsense.

Singular? happened multiple times in that game - turning the ball over in our favour in d50

I don't track his goal kicking, that is what a good crumber should do - i look at how much work he is doing in our defensive half

Since his inclusion- his defensive running has been a standout

The question for Hill is whether he can do that for 22 rounds. However what he is doing at the moment is not front running

I think you are referring to the 2014 vintage Hill.

In 2015 he has been transformed from a Notting Hill Shirez to a Henschke Hill of Grace..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back